chapter two

Mulai dari awal

"Thank you, my love." said Joe, beaming a smile to the girl before patting her knee.

"No, I'm kinda bored too. I'm literally only here as your plus-one."

"Wowwww. Classy much?"

"That's literally a word you should not be describing me as. So no, not really." Jonalynn laughed at her own self, as the three of them on the sofa, endlessly running their mouths about God-knows-what.

In just a few moments, the trio's conversation was interrupted by a booming voice that echoed the halls of the backstage.

"Finn, Joe! You guys are back on in five!" A stage crew manager was on the other side of the hall, a clipboard in their hands, announcing to the boys that they should be getting ready to wrap up tonight's event.

"Oh welp. Looks like we better get going." said Joe, locking eyes with Joni one last time before he started getting up from his seat on the waiting couch in between her and Finn.

"Noooooo." Finn's sentence dragged on in complaint. "I just wanna go home."

"You do know that there's still an afterparty, right?" Joe turned to face the two, who were still sitting on the sofa, not moving from their seats.

"There is?" He said, in shock, like he genuinely didn't know.

Jonalynn just looked at Finn, shaking her head, laughing about how unintentionally funny her friend was.

"I'm kidding! I'm kidding!" He put his hands up in defence. "Of course, I knew." He said, looking at Joe before turning back to look at Joni, while shaking his head 'no.'

"Doesn't matter if you knew or you didn't. You still have to come with me." Joe stuck out his hand in front of Finn for him to grab and pull him up from his seat. He gave one last look at Jonalynn before leaning down to gently take her head in his arms, planting a kiss to the top of her head. "We're done in about fifteen minutes. I'll come get you after. Don't go anywhere or else I won't find you and I'll probably start freaking out in the middle of everything."

"I don't think there's anywhere else to anyways." The girl said, looking around as it was just a tiny little hallway with a few chairs and the single sofa she sat on. She looked up at him as he lifted her chin with his index and middle finger on his right hand.

"Oh right. Well, see you, baby. Love you." He said, giving her one more kiss before following Finn, who was already trying to make his way to the stage entrance.

"Love you." was the last thing she could slip out of her mouth before she watched the love of her life walk off to the place where she knew everything for him would change.

"Ugh, you guys are so adorable, it's disgusting." Finn said, as he was waiting to get called back onto stage with Joe who was right behind him. "I wanna throw up because of you two."

"Well, let's hope you don't." Joe patted the boy on the back before giving him a little rub for comfort.

"Whatever, man. Love sucks."

"Who the hell hurt you?"

Finn twisted his body to face his costar behind him, glaring into his eyes. "You don't wanna know, dude. Trust me." Joe gave him skeptic look again before smiling about how weird he thought his little friend was. A good kind of weird, he would think.

As they were still waiting for their cues, Joe's patience was getting tested as he decided to turn his body around to find Jonalynn in the same spot he left her in. The girl's eyes met his, in the act that she smiled and gave him a thumbs up for good luck as he smiled back before his cue was calling him back to the front stage.