Fourty-Three | Katie

Start from the beginning

Not seeming convinced by Colton the man gives me a double take. 'Do you want me to handle him for you sweetheart?'

I almost laugh at the stressed look on Colton's face by this.

'She's like my little sister,' he rewords his statement.

'I guess it's normal to make out with your little sister in a bathroom then.' I think.

I don't exactly say it but I think it. I had almost forgotten that it had even happened in the first place. I'm not sure if he forgot though, but he's probably made out with hundreds of girls since then. I wouldn't blame him if it slipped his mind.

Brushing off the thought since it's irrelevant I slide past him when he's preoccupied by the man. I've wasted at least ten minutes being distracted by Colton so I probably only have 5 minutes left to talk to them and head back. I want to say I'm just a dedicated basketball supporter but I mainly just want to talk to Noah.

Making eye contact with Jacob first he sarcastically grabs his heart. 'My favorite little-sister!'

'A very hot little-sister,' Thale adds to the comment and I can't tell if he's joking or not. Obviously neither can Damon since he swings at Thale and hits him in the arm. 'Ouch! I was joking for fucks sake,'

'Yeah sure.' Damon glances down at Jacob as I reach in to hug him. Allowing it to happen Thale gasps and points at us in frustration.

'So he can touch her up but I can't make a joke?' He almost seems hurt but I don't blame Damon.

Thale is sketchy and not in the Noah sketchy, in the 'I would probably fuck an intoxicated girl' sketchy. I doubt he'd do the intoxicating part but if he saw an opportunity he would probably take it. I'd hit him too if he made that comment about my little sister, if I had one.

Whilst I'm not even Jacobs type. Regardless the many sexual jokes he's made about me I'm far from someone he'd go for. Which is another one of the million reasons of him being one of my favorites out of Damon's hundreds of friends.

'Where's Noah?' I try to be as casual as one can be when asking to talk to a specific person.

'Probably talking to one of his sex toys,' Thale hums before covering his arm in case Damon hits him but he doesn't. Worryingly I glance around the court in an attempt to find him.

Ignoring Thales crude comment I notice Noah standing on his own, on the far corner of the court. He has a habit of wanting to be alone most of the time. He's like a popular loner. Sighing from relief when he's not with a 'sex toy' which I assume was Thales way of saying 'a girl'. I make my way towards Noah when I notice Colton from my peripheral vision. I seriously don't know what he wants from me and I'd rather he let me be. It's starting to get a little weird.

Opening my mouth to get Noah's attention someone else beats me to it so I slow down my pace. Noticing the voice belongs to a girl I tilt my head out of curiosity as I eye her down. I know who she is, her name is Violet.

We where paired up for an assignment once in the 6th grade and all I remember is how annoying she was. It was an art project and we ended up using cardboard becuase she refused to use paint or clay since it would 'ruin her nails' I thought it was so dumb since she didn't have them done. They where just basic nails that you're born with and they weren't even clean, but she was playing make believe by acting like she had them filed and painted.

I can't really hear what she's saying but it makes him laugh which makes me crease my eyebrows. I don't want to say I'm the jeaous type since who would want to say that about themselves? But this definitely picks a nerve. Maybe it's because I don't like her that much but it's stupid for me to dislike her from something she did in the 6th grade. I don't act like how I acted in the 6th so maybe she doesn't.