One would think I had drowned, but I was simply entering my own reality.

      The smell of flowers, sunflowers, suddenly tickled my nostrils, making me open my eyes. I was sat on a grassy hill, my back against a large tree, in front of a large field of budding sunflowers. The sky was as blue as ever, with not a cloud to be gazed at.

"Luka, isn't this view so nice?" Kallista chirped, gazing at me with her big green eyes.

It worked. I hadn't used this power in such a long time, I thought it would have rusted.

I looked at her happily, "It's amazing. I'm glad you brought me here, Kal. Your sunflowers are so pretty."

"T-thank you! I...wouldn't be able do it without you helping."

"Please, I barely did anything. It was all you." The redhead let her head fall upon my lap, looking up at me as she adapted her seashell coloured dress to the grass. "Don't do that! You'll sully your dress!"

"It doesn't matter, I could always wash it!"

I smiled at her softly. "You know, if you were a flower, you'd be a red rose."

Confusion spread over her eyes, "How?"

"They're are pretty, like you, and they're red, just like your hair."

Red bloomed in her cheeks, just like red roses, "If you were a flower!...You'd be a gladiolus!"

"Why?"

"Because...they represent strength, sincerity and courage, and I think you have all of those things..."

I moved some strands away from her forehead, "I appreciate that, but you make my explanation look bad."

She giggled, "Girls just do things better."

"I guess they do." I grinned at the red head before gazing at the yellow flower field and spotting a small boy with platinum blond hair, messing around in the field.

"Is...that Silas?" How far back had this memory come from?

Kallista shot up and looked towards her field, gasping at the sight of him.

"Oh Lord. Let me go make sure he's not hurting himself!" The redhead rapidly stood up, fixing her unsullied dress as she pranced down the grassy slope, her wings bouncing. I watched as she called out to the young boy.

"You like her a lot, don't you?" A male voice said from behind the tree.

I was close to answering, due to my state of abstraction, until I realised that I hadn't recognised the voice. I poked my head around and behind the large tree, but there was no one there. "Is anyone...there?"

"There's no point in looking, I'm nowhere to be found."

"What?" I didn't remember his voice being apart of this memory. "Who are you?"

"Think of me as your friend," he replied sweetly as I tried locating the possessor of this euphonious voice. "I know, you're overwhelmed by many things right now, that's why you're here, aren't you?"

Why was he talking like this? I had the power to control anything in this reality, yet I couldn't with him.

"Er...how do you know that?"

"I know you well, Luka. I know you're pained by what's happening, and I was sent to alleviate you."

"Sent by who?"

"The Lord, your saviour," the man answered, causing my eyes to widen. "He acknowledges your struggles. Your prayers don't go unheard, Luka. You're a special one, you know that?"

The Lord had heard my cries. I felt a smile form on my face as tears of joy surfaced to my eyes, but I could feel them being mopped away by an unknown being.

"You needn't cry again. You've already wasted so many tears, my Luka."

Brands of grass grew, entwining with each other to form a closed hand before it opened like a morning glory. A plum was perched on the green hand, growing larger as the hand opened wider.

"I'm sure you'd like something sweet to fill your stomach, have the plum."

The grass-made hand dropped the dark purple fruit onto my hand before disappearing back into the ground, "Thank you..."

"Tell me Luka, what makes you feel this way?" he questioned warmly.

I stared at the plum in my hands, "I'm sure you already know...It's humiliating to say aloud."

"You needn't be embarrassed, my Luka, and you needn't feel dejected over such things."

I bit into the sugary fruit, revealing the peachy inside to myself and the tree, "How could I not? I feel terrible. She thinks I love her when..."

"She'll understand Luka, she loves you doesn't she? When you love someone, you're willing to do many things. She'll feel hurt, but she'll get over it," the strange man reassured.

"You have feelings for that demon, don't you?"

I gazed at the red head as she spoke to the young virtue, a thick vine revolving around his stomach to keep him from running. The green vines began titillating Silas, prompting both of them to laugh.

I wish I hadn't.

"I...guess."

"You sound so woeful, why is that?"

I took another bite of the purple fruit, "Because...I've fallen for a demon, when God had made angels for other angels."

The man let out a honeyed laugh, "Is that what you believe? God created us to love each other, as he loves you. It doesn't matter who or what they are my Luka, even the cruelest are capable of loving."

"But I've sin-"

"No, you haven't," he interjected. "Do you really believe that the Lord would punish you for loving someone? One cannot control who they admire. It was God's will, Luka."

Those were my mother's words as well.

"Even if the Lord doesn't punish me...I'll be rebuked by all my loved ones. My father..."

He laughed again, "You will not. Your friends' adoration for you will not sway, and if it does, they were never your friend to begin with. And your father is long gone. No one has the permission to judge you, but God himself, my Luka."

The sun's light began to shine on my face, hindering me from looking at the field and cerulean sky. Even though the rays were blinding, it felt nice, warm. I would always ensconce myself under the sun in Heaven, marinating myself with the cosy rays.

"It seems like I must take my leave now."

"What?" I stumbled to my feet, my large wings assisting me as I turned to the girthy tree, attempting to once again find the mystery man, "Can I...at least see you?"

"I'm afraid not, my Luka, but no need to fret. We'll see each other again, soon."

I furrowed my brows, "Soon?"

"In the meantime, do your most to convert him, and let yourself fall to love. Make us proud."

The man didn't need to say anything to confirm his clearing, because I could feel his presence slowly diminish from the hilly area. The sun's shining made my shadow visible on the tree as I gazed at the dark brown roots, euphoric. I felt restored, fresh, like a brand new person. All my emotions had been nurtured by that man, and was now reinstated.

My lord really had heard my cries.

"Luka?...Are you alright?" I could hear Kallista ask behind me.

I smiled at the tree before spinning around. "I've never been better."