Music Videos & Thunderstorms

Start from the beginning

"Oh, I know who you are. Brenda used to talk about you all the time when she worked here." Oscar said to me. I raised an eyebrow at her and she shrugged. They pulled up two chairs and sat at the end of our table.

"So, how is your son?" Brenda asked.

"He's great, since the motor cycle accident. That's him over there with his girlfriend. He's a big fan of you and Sam." He said. I slowly chewed my food and swallowed it.

"He lost his leg in the accident?"Brittany asked.

"Yes, but other than that he healed pretty quickly, and he and his girlfriend are engaged and expecting." Johnny said. I put my fork down and just stared at the table for a few minutes, until they left to help another customer. I was thinking, I could have lost my leg in that accident. I could have lost both of my legs. My arms. I almost died twice. I'm so lucky... I came back to reality when everyone was trying to get my attention.

"Sam? Are you alright dude?" Puck asked. I looked up and saw everyone looking at me. I coughed.

"Oh, um, yeah. I guess just him saying that his son lost his leg made me think. And loose my appitite." I said quietly. I felt Brenda rub my knee. We left once we finished eating, and by the time we made it into the apartment, it was pouring down rain. It literally started raining once we were all in the apartment. Quinn handed Artie and Mike their food. When they finished, Artie took his camera out again. Suddenly, their was a loud clap of thunder and sharp lightning. when the lightning hit, the power in the entire building went out, and in a bunch of buildings and houses around us, and it was pitch black outside by now. I'm not sure who it was, I think it was Puck, but someone screamed when the lights went out. I took my phone out and turned the flash light on.

"We have a bunch of candles and a ligther somewhere don't we?" I asked. I saw Brenda nod and stand up. she followed me into our room, where she started digging in a drawer while I shined the light on it. She lit a couple in every room, then the rest in the living room. I grabbed my guitar on my way out of the room and sat beside Brenda. I saw artie point the camera at me.

"I know that all of us can't stand it being to quiet, or we get ringing in our ears, right?" Everyone nodded." Well, what do you want me to sing?"

"Voices!" Brenda exclaimed, and everyone agreed.

"Alright, alright, alright." I said, making the girls laugh.

You could say I'm a little bit crazy

You could call me insane

Walkin' 'round with all these whispers

Runnin' 'round here in my brain

I just can't help but hear 'em

Man, I can't avoid it

I hear voices

I hear voices like

My dad sayin', "Work that job

But don't work your life away"

And mama tellin' me to drop some cash

In the offerin' plate on Sunday

And granddad sayin', "You can have a few

But don't ever cross that line"

Yeah, I hear voices all the time

Turns out I'm pretty dang lucky

For all that good advice

Those hard-to-find words of wisdom

Holed up here in my mind

And just when I've lost my way

Or I've got too many choices

I hear voices

I hear voices like

My dad sayin', "Quit that team

And you'd be a quitter for the rest of your life"

And mama tellin' me to say a prayer

Every time I lay down at night

And grandma sayin', "If you find the one

You better treat her right"

Yeah, I hear voices all the time

Sometimes I try to ignore 'em

But I thank God for 'em

'Cause they made me who I am

My dad sayin', "Work that job

But don't work your life away"

And mama tellin' me to drop some cash

In the offerin' plate on Sunday

And granddad sayin', "You can have a few

But don't ever cross that line"

Yeah, I hear voices all the time

All the time

Sorry for the mistakes y'all!