Epilogue

Three years later

"What do you think?" I asked Kaia as she snuggled into my side, her leg thrown over my hips and her gently protruding belly pressed into me. She was five months pregnant and looking glorious.

Kaia paused, her ears listening carefully for any sound. "I think they're all asleep. Finally!"

That was music to my ears! We had a very full house these days, but it was filled with love, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Heather and Hayden had indeed moved into the in-law suite, and their son Bennet was in the room next door to them. Hayden had carried him, and Heather was due with their second in another month. Yes, they had used me as a donor, and I was honored that they asked. We were living all together anyway, and they would never want attention from any of the parents here in this house.

Kassidy and Connor were growing into great kids and were still best friends. We got lucky, and they were both in the same class at school and got to look out for each other. Connor was already getting tall, and so with him around hopefully nobody would mess with Kassidy, who might be the sweetest girl on the planet, just like mom.

Kaia was currently baking our second kid together, as our first was a little boy we named Jonas and he was going to be sharing a room with Bennet when the next set of kids were born, as both were girls this time. Heather was carrying Rebekah, and Kaia was carrying Lydia. My mom couldn't wait and visited every weekend so she could be surrounded with all her grandkids. She might have been happier than we were about all the kids, because she had always wanted a big family, though she had never done so with my dad for some reason. But six grandkids were enough! Once we all had our last set of kids, I was going to head back and finally get my vasectomy finished.

As for the rest of our life, things were looking great. After the Dolphins' project we started our own consulting company, and it took off. Our little business had turned out even better than we expected, and we had already outgrown the pool house out back. Our success with the Dolphins had given us projects with several other pro and college teams in the state, and then that led to the colleges asking us for other non-sports related projects as well. Gina had been brilliant, and was now managing three different teams, while I managed the others. She had even gotten us some out of state projects and was trying to talk me into a second office out in Las Vegas so we could hit the west coast too. I had a hard time saying no to her, and Kaia thought it was a good idea. That mattered to me, since Kaia now worked with us too, having interned with us for two years while finishing her degree and having been exposed to it all the time.

Hayden was still a surgical nurse, and would always tell us horror stories about some of the things she'd see. Luckily, she was still in the outpatient clinic, and not the emergency room, but some strange things kept passing through their doors. Heather had gotten her degree too and had become an accountant to help both of her parents manage their businesses. We were all busy, but we always made time for the kids.

We'd all held a joint wedding out in the backyard, with our friends and family in attendance. The reception was in the pool house and poolside with a little dance floor and lively music for some dancing. Heather's dad, Captain Burns, got quite the workout as he'd done the father-daughter dance for both Heather and Kaia. Hayden's dad had flown in for the wedding with her mother, and it had been nice to meet them both. So, he got his father-daughter dance as well. I'd asked Kaia about her parents, but all she knew was that they'd moved out of state some time after they kicked her out, and she wasn't going to try to track them down. That was fine with me, they would have to crawl and beg for forgiveness to get back into her life, and even then, I wasn't sure they'd deserve it.

While we lived together and shared a wedding together, we did separate honeymoons. All of us were loud, and the last thing we needed was to hear one another while we were celebrating our new unions! The girls had gone to Hawaii, while Kaia and I had gone to Portugal. We'd had a wonderful time, and Jonas had most likely been conceived overseas based on the timing. Of course, we were at it almost daily, so I could be wrong. I just couldn't stop when I was around Kaia!