Chapter 13

When I was in college, I needed an elective to fill out my classes and I made the mistake of taking an art history class. Oh fuck, that was the most boring class I ever took! I'm sure there were people that enjoyed it, but I wasn't one of them. But I do remember we had to do a paper on a painting called Venus Anadyomene, which was Venus rising from the sea. There had been several other paintings done of Venus later through the years, and we had to pick one and talk about competition and all that kind of stuff.

But to me it was a painting of a naked lady, not too bad for a college guy, and Venus was the Roman goddess of love. The hottest of ladies, right? Yeah, no. Seeing Kaia climb up the little ladder onto the swim deck of the boat, the ocean water coursing down her body, let me realize I'd found my own goddess. It didn't help that the water was a bit colder than it would be later in the year, and her nipples were poking out through her bikini top and driving me crazy. I was doing my best to behave at the sight!

And she knew what she was doing to me too, though she was blushing when she saw me trying not to stare. I just couldn't seem to drag my eyes away from her. I was trying desperately to keep my eyes elsewhere so as not to make her uncomfortable, but no matter where I looked, she seemed to find herself moving into my line of sight. We'd taken a swim break before I started cooking, because she had a long day in the sun and could use the dip. I'd needed a dip because she was literally making me sweat!

"Cole, I know you're trying to be polite, and thank you for that. But if we're going to do the whole dating thing, then you're allowed to show you appreciate what you see," she said softly as she sat next to me on the cushioned bench. I had my swim trunks on and a towel draped over my shoulders, and it was a perfect night for us to be out here.

"I do! Kaia, you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." I turned to look at her, looking at her still damp hair as she wrapped one of my towels around her. "If it were up to me, you'd never leave my sight."

"Oh? Are you going to be one of those jealous, and possessive boyfriends?" she asked jokingly while poking me in the chest. "Not going to let me go on the fishing boat anymore?"

"Ha, no. I know better. But I'm going to be the kind of guy that won't be happy if he isn't able to hold his girl and give her a kiss every once in a while."

She stood up then pivoted to kneel astride my lap. "Is now a good time to kiss your girl?"

I stared at her, watching a stray droplet of water running down her cheek from her temple, and I don't think I could have expected such a beautiful vision. She was the perfect height when she straddled me like that, her eyes even with mine and shining in the fading sun. "It is a perfect time, if she's okay with it." I reached up, lightly placing my palm on her cheek and felt her lean into it with a soft smile.

"She is very okay with it."

I didn't rush, I just leaned a bit forward at the same time she did, and our eyes closed together as our lips became one. Her lips were soft, and salty from the water, but damn was she magical. It didn't last long, and I didn't try to pull her in deeper, I just relaxed in the feeling or our lips connecting us. I wanted more, she was surpassing every thought I'd had about her from the moment I met her, and I could only pray that there were many more kisses in our future.

"Is she still very okay with it?" I asked in a soft whisper as we stayed with our foreheads touching afterwards.

"She's never felt better about a kiss," Her body leaned forward, her head resting on my shoulder, and I felt her arms slip around my neck. "I really like how big you are."