Chapter 18

I'd booked us a corner suite with a gorgeous view of Biscayne Bay in the W Miami hotel, one of the nicest in Miami, and a place that I thought might be perfect for us to spend Valentine's Day together. I wasn't even sure if she would want to take our relationship further tonight, so all I wanted was to have luxury for us to snuggle in either way. But based on the way she had acted since we left the restaurant, she was ready to do exactly that.

"Are you sure you're up for this?" I asked as we approached the valet counter at the hotel.

She nodded quickly. "You have no idea. I've always been afraid of James and his family. I guess I always worried they'd find out about Kassidy and go to court to try and steal her from me. But seeing James with you at my side made me realize that I don't need to be scared anymore. I have you, Connor, and Kassidy. Those assholes will never hurt me and next Saturday I'm going to make sure of it."

"I guess you have a plan for this, huh?"

"I do, but that can wait." She leaned over and kissed the side of my neck while we waited for the cars ahead of us to be taken away by the valets. "Right now, all I want to hear is you moaning my name."

I turned my head, then pulled her to me. She was kissing me hungrily now, and even teased me by flicking the top of her tongue over my lips before she pulled away. "I have a feeling there will be a lot of morning on both our parts tonight," I whispered to her.

"Then we better hope that is a fast elevator, I'm not going to want to wait!"

Luckily, once the car keys were handed over, it was a short walk to the check in desk. We took our overnight bags and stood hand in hand behind two other couples that were probably here for the same reason we were, and then we finally got our keys and headed up to the room. The hotel has several towers, and all had spectacular views, but I'd made sure the room we had was one with the water view, if only because we'd had several great experiences out on the water together.

The room was perfect, just what we needed. A marble tub and stunning décor with a view that wouldn't stop. Being a corner unit, it had windows on two sides, one over the bay and one over the pool with the other part of the tower jutting out at an angle behind us. The sun had already set, but the moon illuminated the bay, and the little lights of boats still out on the water twinkled merrily. If we left the blinds open, we could wake up to a glorious sunrise, though we might also sleep right through it depending on how the night went.

As soon as we were within the room, Kaia dropped her bag and leaned into me, her hands behind my neck and pulling me down to her lips. She moved her hands to my chest and our lips moved gently together as she unbuttoned my dress shirt and slid her hands inside to my back. "I can't tell you how much I need this tonight, Cole. But can we go slow? At least the first time," she whispered as she broke our kiss.

I tenderly captured her cheek in the palm of my hand and then leaned down and kissed her once more. "Kaia, I plan on making love to you and nobody else for the rest of my life. We can go at whatever speed you like because I want this to be as perfect as possible, and the first of many nights together."

Unshed tears glistened in her eyes as she nodded happily. "Then take me to bed Cole."

I didn't need to be told twice. I picked her up, letting her wrap her legs around my hips as she giggled, then carried her to the edge of the bed before putting her back down. Reaching around her back, I unzipped her dress, then helped her step out of it before tossing it over the back of the nearby chair and leaving her in nothing but a matching red lace bra and panty set and her red heels.