Chapter 9

I don't remember the last time I had so much fun. Captain Burns knows his job and he had us catching more fish than I knew what to do with. We always had four rods out, the outside two baited with live fish for the sailfish, while the inside ones were hoping for the more plentiful smaller game fish. And we caught a bunch!

Hayden caught a pair of the huge sailfish that we got some great photos of. Did she have Heather in every picture with her? Of course! That damned Cupid knows his stuff, and I could tell that there was a mutual attraction there. She also caught a bunch of wahoos, a fish that I'd never even heard of before the trip, but was evidently excellent for eating, and a few mahi mahis as well. She would be cooking a lot of fish in the future! She'd also had a good time with the free beer, since I'd told her I would be driving anyway, so it was good that Heather was there to help hold the fish for her!

I only caught one of the sailfish, and it was a blast landing it. I'd never caught anything near that size and seeing it jumping in the surf was a lot of fun. We let all of the sailfish go, they were better to catch and release, because I certainly wasn't going to kill it just mount it on a wall, and the other fish were better to eat. I also took home half a dozen of the wahoo and a couple of the mahi mahis too. With Heather in all of Hayden's pictures, Kaia snuck into all of mine too, even suggesting one where I was holding her bridal style while she held a wahoo overhead.

It wasn't a date, I know that. I know she posed in these pictures all the time, but it just fueled my desire to see her again. But if she got hit on as a waitress a lot, I could only imagine how much she was hit on while helping out on the boat. But she'd also said if the day went well, we could talk about a date in the future, right? I'd done my best to be respectful all day while still having fun and not staring too much. That part was hard, I can't deny.

On the way back into the harbor, we had a little more time to talk, since we'd already put away the rods and the fishing was done for the day. I could see Hayden and Heather already typing their numbers into each other's phones, and I felt good that they hit it off so well. But would Kaia let me call her? Heather didn't have a child to worry about, at least not that I knew, so it might be easier for her to go out. Kaia's first priority would have to be Kassidy, just like mine was Connor, and I got that. But it didn't mean I wouldn't want to see her, and that we couldn't see if things might work out.

"Looks like they hit it off well." Kaia murmured as she sat next to me.

"They did, yeah. They make a cute couple too."

She held her hand out flat to me, and I looked down confused before shaking her hand with mine. She started to laugh with her cute little snort before pulling her hand out of mine and holding it back out. "Put your phone in my hand Cole."

Mentally slapping my head, I unlocked it and handed it over. She quickly went into my contacts and added herself in there. I knew that would be used tonight. I had no reason to wait to get ahold of her.

"Cole, don't send her the same dick pic you sent me!" Hayden called over to us.

Seriously Hayden? Are you trying to get me thrown overboard? "Hayden, you know that was only for the damned doctor's office!"

"Oh, no! I mean just wait till the swelling is gone, send her a better one!" Hayden wasn't helping me at all! How many beers did she have on this cruise?

"Do I even want to know?" Kaia asked me with wide eyes.

I took a deep breath. "The day I met you, I was having outpatient surgery for a vasectomy. There were complications, and Hayden was my nurse. She was given some time to make sure I didn't have any adverse reactions and she drove me home, where we found my wife filming amateur porn on my pool table. I moved out all of me and Connor's stuff, and we came to the diner for lunch. That evening, Hayden had me send her a picture of my privates to see how bad the swelling was. Though evidently, she really did it just to embarrass me," I explained. "If it helps, I've never sent another dick pic, and really that one was of the scrotum because I covered... well, never mind. It doesn't matter."