Awake.

---unedited.

36 hours since Jungkook hadn't woken up, 36 hours since his family had been searching for him, 36 hours since Tae had been sitting beside him, only moving reluctantly to get to the washroom. 

He had told the others that Jungkook hasn't still woken up, and all of them could feel the distraught in his voice. 

...

Tae stood up to go to the washroom, as a nurse entered to check up on Jungkook. He told her to take care and walked out. 

However, as he was returning he heard a commotion from inside the room, and pushed the door open hastily, almost dropping himself at this point, seeing Jungkook trying to sit. 

The younger looked in his direction and both their eyes filled with tears. 

Tae asked the nurse and doctors to go, and give them some time alone. 

He moved towards Jungkook, who had his head down, and crying. 

Not being able to control himself, Tae hugged the younger, lightly to not hurt his chest, and began to caress his back. 

They remained like that, crying in each other's embrace for a few minutes, which seemed like hours. 

Finally, backing off, Tae cupped Jungkook's cheeks and wiped his tears pressing his lips against the boy's chapped ones. They remained like that for a few seconds, eyes closed, feeling each other. The kiss was just a peck, for others, but for them, it was the significance of their feelings. 

'M-m sorry...'- Jungkook whispered, his throat groggy, looking at Tae who himself had eye bags, clearly showing he hadn't slept enough and was tired. 

Tae shook his head, 

'It's not your fault, Koo...'- he said, and began to pepper Jungkook's face with feathery pecks, as the boy began to cry. 

Jungkook tried to hug him but hissed, as the wire attached to his hand got pulled slightly. That's when he noticed the plaster. 

'Don't move Kook...it'll hurt you more baby.'

'It hurts here more...'- Jungkook mumbled, pointing to his chest, to which Tae smiled and hugged the boy close. 

'Just let it out...hmm?'

Jungkook sobbed, releasing all his pent-up emotions, and bottled up feelings. 

'I was so s-scared...please d-don't leave me...i didn't w-want to do any of i-it...'-He pleaded to Tae who controlled his own tears, not wanting to show how much the words of the boy broke him, how much Jungkook's condition hurt him. 

'I am never leaving you, baby, I'll stay with you as long as life wants us to, for you know I can't promise a forever, but trust me, as long as I'm alive, I'm with you, and nothing can ever separate us, hmm?'

Jungkook slowly nodded, 'I love you...'

'I love you too, my Kookie.'