Consoling.

---unedited.

Jungkook woke up, looking around, wearing his glasses, his vision clearing and that's when he noticed, he was back in his room. But the last thing he knew was he was hugging V, on the latter's lap, then how?

And that's when his gaze went to the note that stuck to the pillow beside him. He picked it up,

'Hey Jungkookie~ I'm afraid you slept, in my arms. And so, not wanting to wake you up, I brought you back to your room, however, don't sleep in anybody random's arms this way. You don't know everyone's intention. Anyways, it was nice talking to you, Koo. Yep, that's what I'm gonna call you, I don't care if you like it or not. See you soon, again. Yours, Taetae~'

Jungkook smiled at the note, feeling better after so long, thinking of finally letting it be, and letting his destiny and choices decide whether V or well, Taetae Hyung would remain his friend or not. 

He stood up and walked over to get out fresh clothes from his luggage to wear. A yellow oversized t-shirt, and navy blue jeans, with sneakers. He bathed, freshened up, and then combed his hair, not forgetting to wear his glasses, and then walked out of his room, to get breakfast. 

Simple toast with jam, butter, and a few fruits. That's what he ate and brought a book back from his room, sitting down by one of the empty camps, and putting in his earpods, reading. 

The seniors would be spending their time, working on environmental projects, and so all of them were busy. Jungkook hadn't seen his mother since yesterday, but he knew she was busy too, otherwise, she wouldn't have left him alone. 

An hour passed by, when the heat became unbearable, making Jungkook sigh, wipe his sweat with the back of his hand, stand up, brush his jeans, walking back inside the building. 

However, as he was passing by, he heard someone cry. The cries sounded more like a girl.

Not wanting to interfere or anything, he was about to walk by, when he heard his mother call him, from behind, and so he stopped, realizing the cry stopped too. 

'Where were you, Kook?'

'Oh, I was, um reading outside...'

'Reading, honestly, haven't you got anything to study? Can't you see how the college students are working in this heat, and you're spending your time in reading those fiction stories?'

Jungkook looked down at his book, before sighing, 'I came here with you mom, to get my mind off studying for just three days, and we're going back tomorrow morning, is it really necessary for me to study here too?'

'Don't talk like that here, Jungkook. What will people say, look how Jungkook doesn't have any manners while talking to his own mother?! Give me the book!'

'But m-mom?'

'Give me the damn book, right now, Jungkook!'

Jungkook gulped, not wanting to tear up, he hated when anyone shouted at him, and that's what people, his own family, usually did. Jungkook hated loud shouts, and voices. Every time someone shouted at him, his heart did some sort of a 'drop' and he couldn't control his tears.

He looked over to his mother, before looking away and handing her the book.

'Now go back to your room, do something productive, and don't you dare waste time on your phone, otherwise, I'll take it away and won't give it to you back! Do you understand?'

Jungkook nodded, feeling something inside him, ache, but nevertheless, he looked at his mother walking away while smiling at others, and then looked at his feet, walking back to his room, trying not to cry. 

Once he entered his room, he sat down in one of the corners, holding a pillow close to him, trying to get away from his thoughts, and the loneliness he felt inside him, his inner child was scared and he couldn't help but try and console it while whispering to himself, 

'I-it's okay...you're not alone...kookie...I'm with you, hmm? Don't w-worry like that...shh...you're not alone...'- his tears fell, making him clutch the pillow tighter, as he tried to smile, he didn't want to cry, he couldn't cry.

Jungkook didn't realize it when he climbed up on the bed, skipping off into a deep slumber, the numbness inside him increasing all the while. 

He didn't know that someone...someone was standing outside his room, peeking through his door, with a sad expression. Once the 'someone' saw Jungkook drift off to sleep while clutching the pillow close to him, the 'someone' slowly entered and bent to Jungkook's level, caressing his cheek softly. He bent more closer, and pecked on Jungkook's forehead, 

'I'm sorry for you, baby.'- V said, before going out, after covering Jungkook with a blanket.