Rings.

---unedited.

Two weeks, two whole damn weeks, since Jungkook last saw Taehyung, but he did talk to him via texts, and sometimes even calls. According to the elder, there was a tournament in their college and they had participated in it, apparently, Taehyung or say V was the leader of the basketball team, and he couldn't miss the chance, and so, Jungkook let it be. 

He did hear his mother, who was in charge of handling the tournament club, not the sports one, but the language one. He did want to see Taehyung playing sports, but he knew one thing, his mother would never take him to college, at least, not until it was his sole luck. 

And so the younger spent his time, reading away, studying, sometimes writing stanzas or quotes, and trying to live as much as he can. His sister had become really annoying lately, and his mother had now come to terms with it, directly forcing him to get better results, saying that even if the minor ones could do it, why couldn't he, after all, he had everything he needed, shelter, food, clothing, but...what about happiness?

Sometimes we all are so busy trying to live, that we forget to find happiness at all, and that's what the case was with the boy, however, since V had entered the book of his life, it had gone a lot better. Maybe the elder was his lucky charm. 

...

Jungkook groaned internally, trying not to sleep, as his math teacher lectured them about how to get their scores high. Jungkook was already done with the boredom, he experienced in the previous chemistry class, and right now, there was one more hour till the class ended. 

Jungkook quietly tore open a small stick of hard candy, and popped a couple in his mouth, trying to zone out, so that he could gain his senses slightly back. 

It was damn boring, and he was hella sleepy. 

He had woken up earlier this morning and worked on stuff throughout, even exercised a bit, thanks to it, his legs were stiff, and ached. 

...

The class ended way slower, at least that's what the bunny boy felt, as he walked out, trying his best to not simply drop to the ground and sleep. He felt tired. 

Jungkook took a bus, that'd take him back home since there was no cab available as it showed in his search-for-ride app. 

He entered the bus, and sat in one of the back seats, keeping his head on the bag, with earbuds in his ears, turning on one of his favorite tracks of all time, Angel baby. 

He smiled beneath his mask, and didn't realize when he fell into a half-conscious state of sleep, aware of his surrounding, but making his tired self get some rest. 

...

Jungkook walked towards his home, it took just five minutes from the bus stop. His eyes were half-closed, and he tried to change the music to get himself a bit into sense. 

'Ugh! Kookie, wake up! Wake up! You still need to get back home!'

Jungkook walked with his stiff legs, his steps slower than usual, across the park, towards his apartment building, only to be pulled back making him almost scream, but he couldn't when someone pressed a hand against his mouth, making him mumble incoherent words. 

However, as he was pressed against a tree and looked up, he relaxed, falling into the arms of his boyfriend, who chuckled deeply.

V pulled the younger up, and picked him up in a koala hug, pressing the younger's back once against the tree. 

It was dark enough, so their figures weren't really visible, and either way, V had been looking out for anyone or anything at the same time waiting for his cute baby boy to come. 

'Tired, hmm?'- the elder whispered, as he caressed the younger's back, who let out a whiny sigh, pressing himself more into the elder if possible, liking more like loving the warmth he felt. 

'Wish you could cuddle me...you're so warm.'-the younger whispered, and Tae smiled, pecking the crown of his head.

As Jungkook was ready to fall asleep, Taehyung laughed silently, and made the boy look up at him and stop snuggling in his chest, even though he wanted to let him remain the same way, he knew they didn't have a lot of time. 

'What?'- the younger asked, pouting angrily, he was sleepy, why couldn't his boyfriend understand him?!

V smooched the younger's face, making the boy giggle cutely, as he felt slightly energized. 

'How have you been, baby?'

'Good...how are you hyungie?'- the younger asked tilting his head, his hand making its way to admire Tae's earring. 

The elder smiled, and cupped the younger's cheeks, before pressing his lips against the boy who froze in his spot. 

Jungkook's eyes were still widened, when the elder backed off, staring right into his soul, and then whispered in a husky tone, making Jungkook gasp, 

'I love you, Jeon Jungkook.'

Jungkook was so shocked and surprised that he didn't notice the elder slip a ring into his finger until he felt the cold metal touch his skin. 

A thin but wide enough black band, which was termed as a ring, had a small intricate design of a crescent moon which glittered on the black surface, and on the back, was a small initial, V.

Jungkook already loved the bracelet he wore 24/7 on his wrist, whose lock was with V, hung around his neck in a chain. But looking at the ring and then at the face of the boy, who was smiling at him warmly, he couldn't help but jump over and hide his face in the crook of V's neck, sniffing softly, as he felt his eyes get teary. 

'I-i love you too...Taetae hyungie. I love you so much!!.'- the younger whispered making the elder push him back and hold his shoulders, staring into his eyes, as if asking, wanting to know if the moment is real and if his baby boy loved him too. 

Jungkook nodded, wiped his eyes, and pecked Tae on the lips again, mumbling, 

'I don't have any gift for you though...'

Knowing they don't have much time, and as Jungkook's phone rang, V took his palm and kept another ring on it, this time a silver one, thin but wide enough, a small black glittery moon on the surface, and behind were the initials, JK

'Make me wear it, baby.'

Jungkook nodded, and slipped the ring into the elder's finger, pressing his face into the elder's chest tightly, not wanting to let go. Both their rings glittered and shone in the darkness, showing they were, truly, each other's light. 

'I love you soo much, my Koo~'

'Koo loves you too!'

...