A surprise

(not proofread)

Niharika

I stood in front of St. Mario Private Hospital, fist clenched, undecided whether to go in or not.

Yes, I came to visit Mr. Robert.
I got the name of the hospital from the news but I had no idea how to get to him.

"Ok, let's go! Since I came this far... it'd be a waste of time," I told myself.

The concert last night was still all over my head, the whole big screen thing was so unexpected, I got all flustered and awkward, thanks God Edward was there otherwise I wouldn't know where to look at to hide my embarrassment.

But back to back twice I got noticed, how come luck was so much in my favor?

Something didn't feel right.
But since miracles seemed to be happening with me lately, I decided to come here and put an end to this matter. Once this was over I could go back to my old life of being 'the girl in the corner' that nobody knew or noticed and that was how I liked it.

I walked over to the receptionist,
"Excuse me! Can you tell me which room Mr. Robert is in?"

She stared at me for a moment,then called somebody, then checked something on her phone, then looked at me twice... whatever she was doing made me hella uncomfortable.

I regretted coming here.What if she thought I was some con artist trying to get a handsome reward from a rich and kind CEO!

Honestly I had no proof with me to verify that it was me who saved him that day!

Dammit! I shouldn't have come.

"Room no. 7 VIP ward ,8th floor, you can take the elevator from there," she said showing the way to the elevator.

What! This easy?

I gave her a perplexed look which she returned with a sweet business smile.
I took the elevator,a feeling of subtle anxiety taking over my introvert self.

I practiced what to say when I meet him.

"Hello Mr. Robert! You probably don't remember me,but I'm the doctor who helped you that day"
Ughh no! That's too straightforward.

"Hello Mr. Robert! I'm Niharika. I saw your tweet about that girl...umm..it happens to be me ( awkward , benevolent smile)..."
Shit! I didn't sound convincing at all.

What was I supposed to do! Let's just go back!

Ding dong!

I pressed the doorbell outside room no. 7. Strangely the security outside the ward didn't stop me.

The door opened.

I stepped in, nervous as hell!

"Hello Mr. Robert..." I started with my practiced line but...
Wth! Edward?

I was not seeing things right? The boy standing next to the patient's bed was indeed Edward!
I was so lost that I couldn't even complete my sentence.

"Hello! Ms. Niharika. We finally meet!" Mr. Robert's voice brought me back to senses.

"Hello sir! I'm glad that you're okay now." I tried to sound professional.

"By your grace," he said smiling.

"You're flattering me, it was just my duty as a doctor."

"Good! Good! I like young people who are dedicated to their passion."

"Uh!..you two already know each other right? I heard a lot about you from Eddy," he said looking at Edward.

"He's my nephew and the future owner of the company!" He added with a fond smile looking at Edward.

The hell! How come I ended up being part of typical rich CEO poor girl trope fiction.

Turned out it was all Edward's doing that my face was not revealed to public because he didn't want me to face any trouble.

Okay,so this was what happened. It all made sense now.

Honestly how stupid of me to think that my identity would remain hidden when that incident took place in front of so many people. Someone must've been behind it.

Plus Edward told me that, me not being active on any social media platforms helped with the case.

Surprised as I was, I also felt grateful towards Edward.

Seemed I had a wrong impression of him. Now I understood why he needed my number.

I enquired more about Mr. Robert's health and saw his reports.
His was still weak but at least out of danger.

Due to profuse blood loss at accident site he had undergone hypovolemic shock, when I saved him.

I was really glad that he was safe.

I finally got up to say goodbye.

"Wait!" Mr. Robert stopped me.
"About your reward..."

"It's okay, I don't need it...and in case you misunderstood I didn't come here for the reward... it's just I felt a sense of responsibility to watch over you,since I saved you. Now that you're okay,my fees is paid." I said cutting him midway.

" Such an upright young lady! Haha" Mr Robert said.

"Don't worry, I wasn't going to offer you money. I heard you're a fan of Orion? There's a fan meet tomorrow you know right? My company is partly sponsoring that event...so if you want I can get you a pass to the fan meet...what do you say?" He proposed.

My mind went blank for a moment!

Fan meet!

Yes there was a fan meet tomorrow but only super rich fans could afford it, even Lara didn't have a pass.

So, I'd get to meet them? In person? Like face to face?
Just the thought of it made the inside of my stomach twist. But was I confident enough to face them? Hell no!
Still... I'd probably never get this opportunity again, should I just let this go?

"So you want it or not?" Mr. Robert asked again.

"Yes...yes, I want it."