Chapter 1 - The Threat

It was September 30, 1864 and I walked home, arm in arm, with my good old friend George Lockwood.

"So, what will Miss Salvatore be doing this evening?" George asked me.

"I don't know Mr. Lockwood. Father is going out to capture the vampires and I have been forbidden to leave the house even though it's my great plan they are executing."I replied.

"So he doesn't know you're one of them?" he asked.

"No George, he doesn't. I'm affaid though that he may have some theories. Guiseppe is a smart man although many often pass him off as a fool."

We stopped and I turned to face him.

"You've got to promise me you won't tell him, please George." I begged.

"Don't worry Brie, you're secrets safe with me. You know I wouldn't tell."

"Can you do me a favor though?"

"Anything."

"Can you give Guiseppe a hint about Katherine?"

"You know I can't."

"Please George, for me?"

"I can't I Have to get the moon stone."

"What do you want that for?" I asked, confused.

"Well ... Don't laugh but ... I was told it, sort of, breaks the curse." He replied.

"You mean the werewolf curse?"

"What else?" he asked jokingly

We laughed and continued walking.

"So, what are you planning to do with Isadora Parker?" George questioned

"Well, just before the founders put my excellent plan to work, I'm going to fake my death. I can't have Johnathan's device detecting me. I'm going to use Isadora as my dead corpse since no-one knows her and she looks exactly like me. No-one will know the difference. Then I'll flee Mystic Falls and start my life some place new." I explained to George.

"But, what about me you'll never be able to see me again and-"

"Don't worry," I said as I clamped my hand over his mouth. "I will keep in touch by letter. Although I won't be known as Briella Salvatore."

George nodded before we continued towards my house.

That's when we froze.

Sheriff Forbes and two unknown men were dragging Katherine's body out of the house and into a cart.

I stood frozen.

They had started, but why? How?

"What happened?" George asked.

I used my vampire hearing to reach for Stefan, Damon or even Guiseppe to hear what happened.

"No.Don't take her." Damon yelled.

"You'll be killed along with them!" Guiseppe yelled back, pinning his son to the wall.

"Then let me be killed." Damon argued back before storming out the house.

"Damon! Damon, stop. Stop." Stefan shouted running up to him. "I'll help you. We'll get her back."

Damon stopped.

"Help me? Don't you think you've done enough?" Damon yelled in stefan's face. "you promised you wouldn't tell him."

"I didn't think this would happen" stefan replied almost in tears.

"You did this. This is your fault." Damon's said before he ran off into the forest.

I turned around so my back was to the house.

"It's time." I said to George just as Isadora stepped out of the shadows.

I rushed up to her

"You won't feel a thing! You won't scream!" I compelled her.

She nodded

"Thank you." I said before lunging for her throat

I woke up and stretched, feeling slightly odd.

The flat was too quiet for a Monday morning.

"Mel, are you there?" I called out, but there was no answer.

I got up and walked out my room and down the hall.

"Melissa?" I called out again, and, again no reply.

She must be shopping I thought to myself, but, Mel never went shopping.

"Mel?" I called out one last time but there was no point, as I rounded the corner I saw Mel.

But she wasn't her usual care free self, she was dead.

Someone had snapped her neck.

But, that ment-

"Hello Briella!" the all to familar voice said.

"Graham." I replied coldly. "What do you want?"

"Oh Brie. You should know by now it's not what I want, It's what Klaus wants."

"No it is what you want because you're trying to get back in Klaus' good books." And with that he threw a vervain dart at me which struck me in the arm.

Silly vampire-newbie.

I pulled the dart out of my arm.

"I have been drinking vervain since 1864 so it no longer effects me." I said with a smirk.

Graham looked shocked.

"Awww did I put a kink in your master plan? Damn, I wanted to see Klaus." I said sarcasticly.

His face changed to anger as he lunged at me.

I extended my right arm and grabbed hold of his heart.

"No. Please. Don't." He begged.

"Sorry, no can do. Your a threat to me now. And what do I do with threats? Why, kill them of course." I said as I twisted my wrist and ripped out his heart.

His face showed shock before he hit the ground with a gental thud.

I ran to my room and packed what ever I could then decided to call Tamara Jackson, my witch.

This house was no longer safe, they knew where I was and they had killed the only thing stopping them for getting in.

Her phone went straight to voicemail.

"Tam when you get this call me, it's urgent. Until then I'll be in Mystic Falls. I'll sent you the detail, just hurry!"

It was time to pay my brothers a visit.

Damon and Stefan Salvatore here I come!