3. Nirvana Unleashed

Start from the beginning

With a last-ditch effort, y/n summoned a dagger and stabbed it into the ice. It slowed her fall a bit, dislocating her shoulder in the process. She yelped at the sudden, burning pain in her arm and let go of the blade falling the rest of the way to the ground.

She landed harshly on her back, a pained scream torn from her lips.

"Y/n are you okay?" Natsu asked, heading to her side.

"I'm fine," she growled through grit teeth, pushing herself to her feet.

He didn't look convinced but he didn't press on.

"Go!" the ice mage shouted from the other side of the wall. He was breathing heavily and his entire body heaved with each breath he took.

"You sure you've got him, Gray?" Natsu asked, concern evident in his eyes. "I can tell you've used up a lot of your power,"

"Just go!" Gray shouted, looking at them over his shoulder. "I got this!"

"You heard the man," y/n said, grabbing hold of Natsu's arm and pulling it lightly. "He's got this,"

"I won't let him pass, no matter what it takes," Gray vowed, his determination evident in his tone. "Go! Erza's life is at stake!"

"Thanks, man," Natsu said softly. With one more glance at his friend, he ran off into the woods.

***

"Natsu!" The blonde from earlier exclaimed as he emerged from the undergrowth, Happy and Carla tucked under his arm. A girl with h/l h/c hair carrying Wendy in tow. "Who's she?"

"That's y/n," he replied as if that answered everything. He turned to the brown-haired mage, eyes wide in wonder. "How'd you do that anyway? All of a sudden your map popped right into my head!"

Y/n shook her head at his antics. She set Wendy down gently and held out a hand. "Y/n, though I suppose you already know that,"

"Lucy," the blonde replied, taking y/n's hand hesitantly.

"Yes I was the one in the cloak earlier," y/n answered Lucy's question without her even needing to ask it. She nodded to the redhead on the forest floor. "How is she?"

"Not great," Lucy sighed, eyes flooded with concern. "It's a good thing you got here when you did, I don't think she'll make it much longer,"

"Time for you to wake up kid!" Natsu shouted, grabbing Wendy by the shoulders and shaking her. "I saved you now you've got to save Erza!"

"Don't be so rough with her!" Lucy shrieked.

Y/n snorted softly. "And technically I saved her so that doesn't really stand,"

"Shut up y/n no one asked you!" he snapped before turning back to the blue-haired girl in his arms. "Rise and shine! Wakey wakey!"

Wendy awoke with a shriek, tears forming in her eyes she began apologizing endlessly.

"S'okay kid," y/n murmured putting a hand on her head and ruffling her hair. "No one blames you, but right now we really need you to heal Erza right now, can you do that?"

"Y-yeah," she sniffled, wiping away a couple of tears with the back of her hand.

Y/n smiled and helped her to her feet, letting Wendy lean on her as they walked over to Erza. She watched intrigued as the girl's small hands gave off a familiar blue light and as the colour slowly but surely returned to Ezra's face.

"That should do it," Wendy said, leaning back with a tired smile. "I got rid of most of the venom, all we have to do now is wait,"

Y/n watched with a wistful smile as the Fairy Tail wizards cheered, celebrating their companion's return from the brink of death.

"It's heartwarming, isn't it? How much they care for each other?"

She turned to the speaker, a young man with light brown hair. One of the Blue Pegasus mages if she remembered correctly. "Yeah it is, are all legal guilds like that?"

"To some degree, yes, but Fairy Tail outshines us all, in that regard at least," he stared her deep in the eyes and took her hand in his, pressing his lips against it softly. "Hibiki Lates of the Blue Pegasus Guild,"

"Y/n," she replied, shifting uncomfortably.

"Tell me y/n, what's a beautiful flower such as yourself doing getting involved with a dark guild?"

Before she could even begin to reply, Hibiki was knocked away by Natsu. "We don't have time for your flirting!"

"Excuse me," all eyes turned to Carla as she spoke. "Please refrain from making Wendy use her sky magic again. She'll insist that she's fine but I can tell she's exhausted by the look on her face,"

"That's not true!" The young girl protested. "I'm just worried is all,"

"Well don't worry," said Hibiki, recovered from Natsu's attack. "We're going to attack as soon as Erza wakes up,"

"At least let me heal y/n's shoulder, Carla," Wendy pleaded with her exceed. "She saved me and I need to repay the debt,"

"Well alright fine- but after that no more,"

Wendy smiled, thanking the white cat profusely.

"How'd you know I was hurt?" y/n asked curiously.

"You've been cradling your arm since I woke up," Wendy replied, sitting next to the h/c girl. "I figure you must have hurt it when I was out,"

"You're a smart one aren't you?" y/n laughed, flicking Wendy on the nose.

When the small girl's hands began to glow the familiar blue, y/n sucked in a deep breath and the light suddenly disappeared. Wendy fell forwards into y/n's arms, brown eyes fluttering shut.

"What was that?" Carla cried, pointing at y/n accusingly. "What did you do to her?"

"She's fine don't worry about it," she licked her lips before looking up at the feline. "I didn't want her to waste her magic energy on me, not when we're about to go to war,"

"But your arm," Lucy said. "If it's hurt how can you fight?"

"I've had a lot worse injuries than this, besides-" she paused for a moment, letting out a short breath before she popped her shoulder back into place. "It's nothing I can't fix myself,"

They all jumped as a loud roar echoed through the woods. A sudden burst of light shot up towards the sky, tendrils of what y/n assumed to be dark magic swirled around it.

"It's been unsealed! That's Nirvana!" Hibiki shouted eyes wide.

"But how'd the Oracion Seis beat us to the punch?" Lucy cried, staring up at the pillar in disbelief.

"Jellal," Natsu snarled, hands clenched into fists at his sides as he glared at Nirvana. He took off towards it without a warning, leaving the others to stare dumbly at his retreating form.

"Don't just run off without telling us what's happening!" Lucy exclaimed, but Natsu either didn't hear her or didn't care.

"The Oracion Seis had Wendy heal some guy called Jelall," y/n shouted to the rest of the group as she ran past. "No idea who it is but I have a feeling Natsu's going to need help,"

Then she was gone, disappearing in the depths of the woods.

1,895 words