19) Lots of Lokis

Start from the beginning

"A cat?" President Loki asked, confused.

"My cat. Their name is Kip." Wanda said, carrying the animal back over to the trail.

"Uh-huh. Okay, I guess we can have a pet with us." The variant shrugged his shoulders, then they continued down the trail.

Kip hissed at the Loki and Wanda swatted it gently.

"Hey, be nice okay." She told them.

The kitten pouted then climbed up and out of Wanda's arms. The small kitten sat on Wanda's shoulder and buried themself in her hair.

"Odd creature." President Loki mumbled.

They continued walking, not saying much to one another. Wanda looked around this 'end of time' place, not liking any of it.

"So the black cloud thing killed everyone else here? How did you and.. uh, your crew survive?" Wanda asked.

"We're Lokis, that's what we do." The president stated as if it were obvious. Well, it kind of was.

The two and Kip arrived at a black door. It had a golden helmet symbol spray painted on it. Loki put his hand against the doorknob and a green magic came out and unlocked the door.

The door swung open and Loki gestured for Wanda to go in, so she did.

It led into a staircase going down, so she walked down carefully since the stairs were quite steep.

"How come you don't have a regular place to stay?" Wanda asked, her voice at a whisper.

Kip's claws were digging into Wanda's shoulders as she walked down the stairs, probably to keep from bobbling off.

"The death smoke would find it and destroy it." President Loki replied.

"But it hasn't destroyed the door?"

"Oh it has, multiple times. It takes many spells and magical items to keep it from being knocked over or ripped off the ground every time the storm comes through."

"Oh."

Wanda reached the bottom step and walked further, her eyes widening at the huge space she walked into. Definitely didn't see that one coming.

Kip poked their head out from Wanda's hair and jumped down. They waddled over to where a small shelf was next to the entrance was. The shelf had many different types of Loki helmets, including one that could fit someone the size of Kip.

Wanda smiled as Kip managed to put themself under the helmet and situate it so that they were wearing the helmet as if they were a Loki.

President Loki took Wanda's attention off of the animal by putting his hand on her shoulder and turning her to see where a crew sized group, was sharpening weapons and smacking each other.

None of them really looked like her Loki, but to be fair, they were shapeshifters so it made sense.

"HEY!" President Loki shouted.

All the men stopped and turned towards the two, immediately making Wanda feel very uncomfortable.

"I found this woman out in the open. Her name is.. Uh what's your name?"

"Wanda.."

"Her name is Wanda and you are all to treat her like you would each other."

The president finished his statement and the other Lokis all shrugged and grunted before going back to doing what they were doing.

Loki's voice left the loud, speaker tone, and went back to his normal President tone as he turned and spoke to Wanda.

"Before I allow you to get situated with my men, I need you to meet our Jotunheim variant." He said.