《 Chapter 20 》

<<CHAPTER 20>>

Have I forgotten to mention that it's almost the end of the school year in Hopes Peak?

Well, since you didn't know back then in the last 19 chapters, now I tell you. And what usually happens at the end of the year are practice tests.

Next week is one of those sufferable weeks in a lifetime, if you're an average teen with an average IQ, or you're just one of those kids who doesn't give two shits about school but have to do it anyways because of your average 1900s parents.

Kinda relatable, isn't it?

It's not going to be, for Kaede Akamatsu anyways.

She just arrived in Japan to assist her ex-boyfriend: Shuichi Saihara, who just happens to be a young detective-in-training. Yes, they used to date, but they split ways, still considering each other as friends.

At least they didn't dramatically became bitchy with each other and cut ties like some stereotypical stories.

She doesn't like the thought of Shuichi working on that case alone, so she offered the position to be his assistant. It was before Tsumugi Shirogane had joined into the case and had officially became the spy of the organization: The Despairs.

If she's being honest right now, she really wanted to try enrolling in a Japan school again. It HAS been a long time since she attended one. Like, really.

She only attended American schools during her stay back in the US, but most of the time she spent her days at home working on the case. As the detective, but assisting the other detective.

Shuichi had left America a couple months back, and since then, she had only a few calls with him, as they are both busy. During his return back to Japan, she met the vulgar female about her age: Miu Iruma. She's a natural at inventing mind-blowing inventions and eventually had made contact with one of Shuichi's classmates in Japan: Kiibo.

Miu and Kiibo are basically buddies in her invention work, but since they're both on the other side of the Earth, it was a bit hard sending supplies from one place to another. Miu wanted to come alongside Kaede to Japan to 'make her life easier' at working on her inventions, but that would be difficult too, since she has to leave her workshop and her inventions.

There is no possible way of transporting her entire cargo load of her inventions overseas too; unless you have a plane with a large cargo load, but the expenses were too high.

So... she had to stay in America. But she said to Kaede and Kiibo, and I quote, "this beauty bitch of an inventor will swear on my honor that I will find a way to get to the anime country with my big genius brain!" End quote.

Anyways, enough of the filler. For now.

The pianist is in the living room, slumped on the couch, working on her case like usual. It's 12 PM in the afternoon, and everyone in the household -except her, of course- had left for school. "Ugh, this is so boring... I'm in need of fresh air!" She puts the file down onto the table and put it all in the case folder before zipping it up in her bag.

"Hm... DICE, huh... and Junko is targeting the poor teens... *sigh*" Kaede sighed. "I hope Ouma-kun is alright..."

She brought her wallet with her and put it in her breast pocket of her coat before departing the building.

"I recall that Hope Peak school doesn't really have tight security..." she thought aloud before she came up with an idea and smiled. "They wouldn't mind, right?"

<<~~~>>

"Anyone care to tell me what a phenotype is? You should've learned this back in middle school without a doubt." The science teacher said to the class. Everyone in the class stared at the teacher before one hand was raised. "Yes, xxxxx?"