〔 Chapter 28 〕

<<CHAPTER 28>>

Days passed, and everyone -who were part of the battle- soon came back to school in bandages and casts in certain parts of their bodies that has wounds. Kirumi tended them for a temporary time, but had to send everyone (including herself) to the nearest hospital for actual recovery and healing.

While that was the case, Tsumugi never gone back home.

Alone in the household, Shuichi had to do the driving (took him a driver license to do so) around town to do groceries and investigating.

Sometimes Rantaro came along in his rides.

Kaede would be doing the same, but she's positioned to remain at Shuichi's house to take care of things there. Kiibo and the rest were at school, doing the usual.

Some classmates ran up to group once and asked them what happened. The ones who were involved in the battle either tried to dismiss or tell them off, but the audience ended up being too persistent, and it took teachers to separate the groups.

"Ughhhhhh," Himiko groaned as she leaned into her chair, exhausted. "They can't give us a break, can't they... nyeh..."

Maki hummed in agreement. "They're becoming nosy pests at this point," she scoffed as she defeated a boss in her game. Kaito was peering over her shoulders, cheering for her victory while it took her her willpower to refrain from getting embarrassed by his boisterous laughs.

"Hey, space head," Kokichi mumbled through his arms. "Shut up, you're giving me a massive migraine!"

"... Is that a lie?" Himiko asked with uncertainty.

Kokichi was slumped over in his desk, his head buried in his arms. "Who knows? I can be lying about one thing, but telling the truth in the other."

"...I mean, Momota is loud as a horse's neighs, nyeh," Himiko yawns. Kaito gained a tick mark on his face and started yelling out he's not loud, despite the volume of his voice showing otherwise.

"Oi, shut up, will ya? I can't hear Kiibo from here!" a female voice yelled.

"Iruma-San, I can always take the call outside," Kiibo reassured as he slowly stood up. "I only got a few minutes until class starts, so..."

"Yeah whatever, just move away from that idiot!" Miu barked, and Kiibo apologizes before closing the door behind him. Kaito was about to remark about the 'idiot,' but Rantaro came in afterward.

"What's all the yelling about, it's too early to be loud," Rantaro sighed.

"Hey! I'm just energetic!" Kaito huffed in annoyance. "Why does no one appreciate me today?"

"So you're yelling because you're energetic?" Rantaro asked, his eyes drooping. "That... kinda makes sense, but do understand that I'm tired right now, okay?"

"Sorry buddy," Kaito apologizes before realizing. "Hey, why are you tired?"

"..." Rantaro was silent before diverting his attention away from everyone. "It's nothing."

"Okay," Kaito said, believing it was not a big deal. Maki turned to Rantaro and he sat down before he nodded off. He ended up bonking his head on his desk and immediately opened his eyes. "Ah. Guess I should've just went home instead of spending almost all night outside..."

"Huh???" Kokichi perked up. "Why were you outside all night?"

"I told you... it's nothing. Nothing you should be concerned about."

Kokichi pulled up a chair next to Rantaro. "You can't kill my curiosity, Amami-Chan! When I ask a question, I really expect a real answer.... especially what happened a couple days ago."