【Chapter 04】

<<CHAPTER 4>>

"I know you're there."

"Ah! You've found me!" A female voice exclaimed as she came out of hiding behind a tree. She was taller than Shuichi, with long, ocean-blue hair, blue-grayish eyes that was behind a pair of glasses. "Was I that noticeable?"

"Not to anybody, so you're good." Shuichi's cold eyes went back to normal. "What in the world were you doing outside of my house? And behind a tree at that."

"I got a message from Uncle to tell you something about the culprit of the case," she said, taking out her phone. She was silent. "He said they are getting revenge for something. The police has encountered them just yesterday night and got taken out. One of the officers remembered the culprit saying something like..." she looked at her phone again before continuing.

"'Don't get in the way of my biggest revenge,' something like that."

"Isn't it obvious the culprit is referring to killing the people who are famous?" Shuichi asked in wonder. She nodded. "They knew, but they don't see what they did for the culprit to cause such massacre."

"And why didn't Uncle tell me that?"

"He told me to tell you this because you turned off your phone, he assumed."

Shuichi frowned before he nervously chuckled. "A-Ah, I did... sorry about that, Tsumugi."

Tsumugi Shirogane closed her eyes and nodded. "It's fine, brother. So whatcha got for dinner?"

Shuichi went silent. "I was so busy doing the first part of the project I forgot to get the groceries..." he screamed internally as he groaned. Tsumugi giggled. "Let's go get them together."

——————————

The next day was a Saturday. Shuichi woke up at 8 in the morning and he groaned, slapping the alarm clock. Only it was a small cactus plant and he screamed in pain. What a way to wake up...

"Tsumugi... why..." he quietly hissed as he tried to stop the pain. Only it didn't work and his hand started turning a bit purple. It's not going to end well for him since it was the hand he used to write with. "Tsumugi! I think I need help!"

His older sister rushed in (Tsumugi is August 15, Shuichi is September 7, canon bdays) and stared at the first thing she saw, which of course was his purple hand. She panicked as she ran out. "I-I'll try to get help, Shuichi!"

Shuichi got his feet out of bed and stood up, his injured hand still purple. He followed his sister and found her getting her keys. "Fvck dressing up, I need to send you to the hospital!"

"I-it's sort of your fault... you k-know (ow!) that, right?" Shuichi muttered as they got in Tsumugi's car.

"Me?" She looked at him in confusion. "I didn't mess with your cactus plant."

"H-huh?!" Shuichi was dumbfounded. "T-then who...!" Tsumugi started the car and they were off. "H-hey, Tsumugi! I-isn't this a bit over the speed limit?!"

Tsumugi -who was driving over the speed limit by 15- shouted out "Your hand is more important! Especially when it's your right hand!"

"I mean if you were thinking it's the hand I write with, then I guess I understand...! But you're making this a big deal-"

"Oh hush. You're not going all throughout the school year with an injured hand!"

They arrived at the hospital and Tsumugi immediately parked somewhere random and braked so suddenly, Shuichi almost flung forward in his seat, the seatbelt tightening to save him. "Urk!" He croaked out. "Let's go!"