〔 Chapter 23 〕

<<CHAPTER 23>>

"Holy cow," Kokichi muttered at the sight of Monokumas. "What in the world-"

"Ouma!" one of his team members yelled out to him. "I think we're being invaded!"

"No shit!" The other one screamed out. "Hell, we need to defend ourselves from them- they have sharp-ass claws!"

"No swearing in the base!" Kokichi scolded while he kicked off a Monokuma.

"It's not a base, it's a fucking battlefield!" one of his female subordinates shot back.

No argument there; it actually is a battlefield.

Kokichi apparently didn't get the message from Shuichi hours in until just a minute ago, and right after he finished reading it, the Monokumas charged. One of his other female subordinates had left beforehand, and now he doesn't know where she had gone off to.

The worst outcome is that she is long gone.

A Monokuma launched itself onto Kokichi and he tried to punch it off. More likely the arms, since it had claws that could pierce his body in one slice. "Get... off, you Junko-crazy bear!"

Monokuma still tried to slice the human apart. He scratched Kokichi's right arm, and it took only 3 seconds until the blood oozed out of the wound. Kokichi winced in pain as he tried using his other arm to punch it off.

It was then his tall and plump subordinate punched the Monokuma off by the red eye. The Monokuma was sent flying back, and once it landed, it did a minor explosion, metal pieces flying everywhere. "Ouma! Are you okay?!"

"Hgh," Kokichi groaned as he held onto his injured arm. "I-I'm doing better!"

"Doesn't seem like it," his subordinate pointed out, glancing at his bleeding arm. Kokichi chuckled while wincing before he noticed something out of the ordinary.

"Hey, I expected more Monokumas coming by! What's the hold up?"

The subordinate stared at him before another Monokuma appeared. Then another. Then others.

"Welp, we're dead," Kokichi muttered.

Just before one of the Monokumas launched themselves, a crowbar landed a blow on the head and the Monokuma exploded. Attempted gunshots can be heard from both sides in Kokichi's and his subordinate's ears as the Monokumas exploded into pieces.

"Ouma-kun!" A feminine voice cried out. Kokichi glanced at the broken doorway and saw three oh-so-familiar faces that he never expected to see so soon. The subordinate was ready to punch them before Kokichi stopped him. "They're my friends, don't punch them! Nishishi.... ow."

"Ouma, are you alright?" Rantaro asked him as he went close. Kokichi glared at him and Rantaro raised his hands in surrender. "Hey chill, I'm just calling it a truce!"

"A truce? What for?"

"Nevermind," Kaede quickly said before taking a notice on his bleeding arm. "Oh my god! You're bleeding!"

"No shit, Sherlock," the big male subordinate snarked. "We need to get out of here. It won't be long before those Monokumas come in again."

"You guys go on ahead," Shuichi said before whipping out a piece of colored paper. Wait no, it looks like... a card? "I'll stay back a little bit."

'Excuse me, what?' Both Rantaro and Kokichi thought in disbelief. 'He wouldn't... right?'

"A-Alright. S-stay safe for us, Shuichi!" Kaede nervously said before looking around. "Hey, is there another way out of this room?" she asked the two DICE members. Kokichi nodded and moved his head towards the direction to a wall.

Everyone -including his subordinate- raised a brow.

"It's a wall," Rantaro said. Kokichi rolled his eyes. "It's a weak wall, it can be broken down with just one mega punch!" He said with a goofy grin, and the big subordinate cracked his knuckles before charging at the wall.

"Detroit SMASHHHHHH!" He yelled out as he punched the wall, and as predicted, the wall broke down into debris easily. He lifted up his leader -who insisted he can walk but his subordinate didn't listen- and jumped out of the room, landing someplace that was not on the debris. Kaede and Rantaro followed suit before the Monokumas went in, claws shining sharp.

"Hey, Shuichi, get out of there!" Rantaro called out while the three others watched in fear as Shuichi desperately hit the Monokumas with his own crowbar. His gun ran out of bullets, unfortunately.

Not like the gun helps, anyways.

Shuichi was near the door when he looked in its direction. He widen his eyes before he moved sideways from the door a good 5 feet away as a bright blue laser beam blasted through both the door and wall. On the way, he accidentally dropped his crowbar.

The Monokumas that was in the way dissolved in the laser beam and only ashes can be seen. Shuichi was collapsed onto the ground, trying to get up as the Monokuma -who didn't get hit- raised its claw upwards.

"Watch out!" another voice screamed as they slammed Shuichi's dropped crowbar onto Monokuma head. It was the female subordinate that Kokichi thought he lost. Kokichi was shocked before he calmed down; he was glad his member was safe.

"Hgh... thanks," Shuichi thanked the female as he retrieved his crowbar back. He and the female got out of the room by jumping over the broken wall as Kaede ran up to Shuichi and literally hugged him.

Both Rantaro and Kokichi got a bit jealous at the sight, the subordinates not even understanding the mood between the four.

"I-I thought you died in that horde of Monokumas!" Kaede cried out as she continued hugging him. Shuichi blushed at the hug; it's been awhile since she hugged him.

"Hey, sorry to uh- ruin the moment," the big male subordinate slowly said. "...but we gotta go."

"How... are the others?" Kokichi asked the female, still bothered by Kaede hugging Shuichi. She put a thumbs up; the rest of the DICE are somewhere safe, which was enough to lower the leader's stress level. "They're good, they're currently with the... others that are defending our base with the best they could!"

"'Others?'" Both Kokichi and the male subordinate asked in sync.

"I kinda... Er, called Maki, Himiko, Kaito, Tenko, Kiibo, and the police enforcement, heh," Shuichi hesitantly responded as he nervously laughed. "...if that's okay with you."

"Yup! It's totally fine!" Kokichi said in a sarcastic tone. Shuichi faintly frowned before turning around to place the card on the ground clear enough for anyone to find it. He hoped she finds it.

"Let's go," he mumbled before they all fled the battlefield.

.

.

.