Chapter 10

I quickly pulled out of Ashton's grip which caused me to feel a little bit dizzy from the quick movement. I retrieved my knife that I recently put back in my boot and made my way towards where the scream was coming from. I quietly snuk around the trailor. On the ground with zombies surrounding it, was a girl. I quickly run lunge at the zombies and kill them all in a matter of minutes. I quickly plunge my knife into the now dead corpse of that girl. I realize the sun is setting in the sky. The boys went to go get some wood so we can make a little campfire. There was some marshmellows, chocolate, and grahm crackers in the cupboards....so why not have some fun? Im here alone with nothing to do. They've been gone a couple of hours...I really hope they're okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The clouds huddled together. They slowly move across the sky as small droplets of rain began to fall to the dry ground. Thunder roared from the clouds as a flash of lightning flew across the sky and disappeared almost instantly. I leaned back into the cusion chair I was sitting on as I looked away from the window. I breathed in a low breath as I dug my nails into the arm rest, bracing myself for the heavy rain and loud thunder. I absolutly despise thunderstorms. They scare the crap out of me. I tightly close my eyes as I hear the rain growing heavier and heavier. I bite my bottom lip as I hear the wind speed pick up, rocking the trailor lightly. My hold on the armrest gets tighter as I see a flash of lightning light up the night sky. The boys still aren't back yet. I really hope nothing happened to them. I gasped in fright as the door swung open and smashed against the wall. A man stumbled into the trailor and quickly slammed the door shut. A stream of rain water ran down his face and soaked into his ripped sweater. The distinct smell of rain water flooded my nostrils as the man walked past me, not seeing me as it was dark. I looked at him as he rummaged around the trailor, still oblivious to me sitting in the chair. I leaned back into the cushion and exhaled a shaky breath. I felt the lump in my throat build up. I focused my gaze on the raindrops sliding down the window, distracting myself from the sickening feeling rising in my throat. I stood up quietly and looked around until I saw the outline of the man in the kitchen. I rushed past him towards the bathroom.

"Hello?"

He asked. I ignored him as I threw up in the toilet, narrowly missing in the process. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand.

"Hello? Are you alright?"

The man asked. Three loud knocks he placed on the thin door threw me out of my trance and brought me back to reality. I slowly opened the door to find the man holding a flashlight right in my face. He looked concerned as he saw me. He then shined it on himself so I could see him also. He looked maybe a year older than me. He had curly dark brown hair that clung to his face and blue eyes that looked more like a stormy grey with the light shining on them. He was attractive but not my type. Ashton was. Wait what? I shook the thought of me finding Ash attractive. I mean he was but he was like a brother to me. Or was he? I shook my head once again to clear all my thoughts. The man cleared his throat which made me look at him.

"Huh?"

Was my intelligent response.

"I said are you alright?"

"I'm fine. I just have a fear of storms."

I explained as I grabbed the door for support. He gently took my other arm that wasn't against the door and pulled me over to the chair I was.previously sitting. I slowly sat down holding my stomach and swallowing the bile that was threatening to come out.

"I'll get you some water."

He then made his way to the kitchen, rummaging around until he found what he needed. He returned shortly holding a water bottle in one hand and some kind of pills in the other. He handed me both.

"What are these?" I asked looking suspiciously at the small white pills in my hand.

"They're nausous pills to stop you from wanting to vomit."  I nodded.

"Why do you have them?"

"I get nausous very easily."

"So you just carry around nausous pills with you."

"Yeah pretty much."

"Why?"

"You ask a lot of questions "

"I'm a very curious person."

"No, really?"

He replied sarcastically.

"And I have a very weak stomach. The sight or smell of blood make me nausous so I stole all of them from the pharmacy."

"Ohh."

Another flash of lightning along with a roar of thunder made me jump in my seat and tightly hold the armrest once again.

"My sister is afraid of storms too. And when she got too scared, she'd vomit also. When we were kids, she'd aim her vomit at me."

He chuckled softly ar his comment and turned to look out the window.

"Sounds like a bitch."

The words ran out of my mouth before I could stop them. I peeked at him from the corner of me eye and to my relief, a small smile was all I could see.

"Yeah she is. But I love her anyway."

Another soft chuckle left his lips.

"But if you ask me, the real bitch is my ex-girlfriend Aya. She took all my money." He shook his head and ran a hand through his, still slightly damp, hair.

"What's your name?"

I asked, not wanting the conversation to end so suddenly. I guess we kinda forgot to mention our names. It's not everyday,where you're alone in a trailor waiting on three of your best friends while a zombie apocalypse is right outside when an attactive man barges in and distracts you during one of your worst fears. You tend to forget things.

"Nathan Howely. What's yours?"

"Kylie Evans."

"A beautiful name for a beautiful girl."

"How cliche." I smiled

He smiles back. Another boom of thunder echos around the night sky. I sank down further in the chair and grind my teeth together. I tightly shut my eyes, squeezing the armrest even tighter if thay's possible. Where are these boys? I really hope they're okay.