Chapter 6

"U-uhm Ashton...you might want to take a look at this." I say. Ash leans forward a little bit, enough to see the tooth. He gasps and his eyes grow wide with shock.

"Oh my god."

He whispers so quiety I barely heard him, but Luke did.

"Holy shit." Michael gasps.

"What? What? What's going on? What's wrong? W-"

"Luke shut the hell up!" Michael cuts him off.

"Luke I need you to try your best to muffle your screams. Ashton hold the towel over his mouth."

Ashton nodded and Luke looked at me with confused, wide eyes but reluctantly noddded anyways. I grabbed the tweezers and looked at Luke who had his eyes closed and taking deep breaths. I then slowly put the tweezers in his wound and tried to grab the tooth. The entire time, Luke's muffled screams turned into agonizing wails. I tried my hardest not to cry as I saw the tears stream out of his eyes. I finally got a grip on the tooth and pulled it out. Then I quickly poured the disinfectant on it and he screamed even louder.

"Ashton get another towel, he's screaming to loud!"

"I'll grab more." Michael says.

"Okay, just hurry before those things hear it too."

It was hard to talk over Luke's screams but I knew he heard me. It was even harder to hear Michael's response as he ran off to grab more towels. He came back and handed the towels to Ash who piled them over Luke's mouth. But when I started threading the needle he kicked it out of my hand. I forgot he was petrified of needles! It ended up going through the palm of Michael's hand.

"SHIT!" He screamed.

"Shhhh!"

I quickly got up and looked out the window. He didnt attract any attention to us. Phew.

"Are we good?" Ashton asks in a whisper.

"Yea." I respond.

"Ahh it fucking hurts! So fucking bad!"

"Okay Mike I'll patch up your hand and get that needle out."

I went over to him and slowly pulled it out. It wasn't in too deep so he'll be okay. I put the needle on the bed side table, grabbed some gauze, and patched his hand up.

"You could be a nurse." Ash says.

"Ha! Yeah right! I just know what im doing because my mom is...uhm...was a nurse."

He gave me sympathetic eyes. I just looked away. I didn't need his pity. I know something happened to his family too so I don't need him, or anyone for that matter, to pity me.

"Luke I need to stich up your arm."

More tears streamed down his face at my words and he slowly nodded. I stich up his arm as quickly as I could and put some gauze over it.

"There all done. Now that wasn't so bad was it?"

"It was horrible!"

"Luke, why are you so afraid of needles?" Michael asked.

"Yeah, you never told us the story." Ashton continued. He looked at them, frozen for a moment about the question, then sat up with his back against the wall.

"Well, it all started when I was 10...."

Flashback...

I was walking over to my uncle's house. He was the best uncle ever. Always taking me places and buying me stuff. He loved me and treated my like his own son.