-✦- 𝙃𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙚 -✦-

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
-✦- 𝙃𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙚 -✦-
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

(Author's note: ⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️ This scenario does have nightmares and mentions of abuse is on here. If you are easily triggered by this then please don't read this. Stay safe and be responsible)

After Ren went through with that interrogation, you saw how distant he had become. He wasn't paying as much attention in class, wasn't eating properly and had dark eye bags. He had a dreadful appearance. When he saw you, he didn't greet you with his normal smile or come up to offer you a hug. He appeared to be emotionless.

When nightfall arrived, you curled up next to Ren. You felt compelled to stay by his side and provide emotional support. Because of his behaviour, you were concerned about him. You missed his smile and his charming demeanor. You missed the way he used to hug you and give you random kisses. You missed him.

"Alright, Lights out, Ren! Good night!" You exclaimed.

"Night.." He mumbled.

Ren closed his eyes and rolled over to his side. You wrapped your arms around his frame and gazed at him with sympathy. You too fell asleep.

°°°°°°°°°°° In the middle of the night°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Ren's P.O.V:

After that interrogation, I felt a lot more nervous and frightened. I couldn't stop thinking about how the men would beat me up and use unusual medication on me. I couldn't get Sae's harsh glare out of my head. I kept thinking about how afraid I was that I wouldn't be able to return to Leblanc and see the team. I kept remembering how I may not have  come back to see Y/n. I felt worthless, miserable and in pain.

I'd been having a lot of nightmares about the situation. I can't seem to get it out of my thoughts. I was scared of what would have happened if the mission hadn't gone according to plan. As a result, I felt like I had no appetite and I felt apprehensive to sleep because it would mean replaying the whole scenario in my mind. I felt bad that I was causing others to worry but I didn't know what to do.

Y/n's P.O.V:
You opened your eyes because you heard sniffling and whimpering near you. You turned to see Ren and he looked like he was being restrained. He kept breathing heavily and his face turned into a frown.

"Ren? Ren? Wake up! It's me, Y/n! You're safe, love. Wake up!" You whisper shouted.

Ren opened his eyes frantically and glanced at you. His eyes welled up with tears and he sobbed uncontrollably. His face was flushed and his breathing grew rapid. Even though you were unhappy that he was in this condition, you hugged him nonetheless. You gently rocked him back and forth, rubbing circles on his back.

"Shh.. Shh, You're safe, Ren. You're safe! I'm here for you, Love. No one's going to hurt you. I won't hurt you!" You comforted.

You stayed like that with him for a few minutes until he calmed down. He felt grateful that you were there for him.

"I-I'm sorry!" He tearfully stuttered.

"What for, Ren?" You inquired softly.

:For crying and worrying you!" He answered quietly.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, my love. The whole thing traumatised you so it is natural to cry. Don't ever apologise for crying, ok? I love you and I will be here for you when you are going through a hard time! You do the same thing for me, don't you?" You breathed out.

You wiped his tears with your thumb and kissed his head. Ren buried his face into your neck, inhaling your scent.

:I-interrogation... I was so.. so scared. They're gonna hurt me again!" He feared.

"No, they won't. You are safe here with me. You understand? You have me and the team to come protect you. I'll make sure no one takes you away from me. What they did was unspeakably disgusting and it was wrong for you to go through that. I want you to know it wasn't your fault and I'll always be here for you. Always. If they as so much as lay a finger on you, I will come for them. You will never experience that again because I will always keep you safe. I love you!" You reassured.

Ren nodded and his breathing returned to normal. His eyes simply glistened and he layed his head on your shoulder.

"Feeling any better, Ren?" You muttered.

"You make things better when I see you. I just want to be around you. I know that the the others in our team are worried but I just want you. Can I wrap my arms around you and not let go?" He whined softly.

He pouted a bit and gazed into your eyes.

"Of course you can. I'll tell the others that you're ok tomorrow morning. So rest easy, ok?" You gave in.

He smiled gently and layed down, patting the space next to him. You layed your head on his chest and snuggled up to him. Your heart bursted in happiness because he finally smiled.

"I love you, Ren. May you have sweet dreams tonight!" You expressed.

You kissed his cheek sweetly.

"I love you too, my queen. Thank you for everything!" He uttered kindly.