chapter 15- pregnant?

Harper p.o.v.

It's been four weeks since myself and max started trying for a baby. Four weeks off none stop trying.

Right now I am at the doctors office as I have symptoms off pregnancy. I have already peed in a pot and the doctor has already taken it away to test it. I have not told max yet as I don't want to get any off our Hope's up just in case I am not.

Just as I say comfortably on the hospital bed I got a mindlink.

"Where are you baby?" Max asked.

My eyes widened not expecting him to ask me while I am here. If I lie then he will sense it in our mate bond.

"Erm i- i am just erm at the doctors office to see if she needs any help. Yeah to see if she needs help" i stuttered out. I mentally slapped myself as it sounded more like I was asking it then telling him.

I mentally slapped myself again because I knew that he could sense I was lying not just from the bond but because I kept stuttering.

"Why are you lying?" He blurted out.

Shit, what do I say. I kept trying to think of anything to say until I just blurted out....

"Talk to you soon. She needs my help. I love you bye" I said before shutting the mindlink off so he can not reply.

I sighed off relief but stiffened as soon as I felt the anger and confusion but also the hurt in our bond until he shut it off so I can't feel his emotions. I whimpered not liking I have upset him.

Just then the doctor walked in.

"Congratulations harper you are pregnant. You are two weeks" she said with a big smile.

My face morphed into a huge smile and I squealed and hugged her. She seemed suprised but hugged me back.

Well my news will make him happy. He will understand now but i want to surprise him. I thought of many ways to surprise him until an amazing idea came to mind. I smiled to myself and I walked out the doctor office after she told me everything I needed to know.

I headed home and decided to start baking a cake. He loves chocolate cake so that is what I decided to make. I knew he could not come after me yet as he was in a pack meeting at the time with damien, Keaton, jack and lucy. He is teaching jack what to do so that he can officially step down as beta and retire.

The oven beeped letting me know my cake was done. All I had to do now was the icing.

I put icing on the cake and in letters it says.

"I can not wait to meet you daddy"

I smiled happy with myself and mentally patted myself on the back. I took pictures of it and saved it to my camera roll.

Just as I placed it In our bedroom, on the side table off max's side , the bedroom door barged open. I could tell by the smell it was max. What I didn't expect was for him to be so fuming.

I jumped from the bang not expecting it and turned around to face max.

"Baby, what's wrong" I asked softly.

"What's wrong? First you lied to me and second I have been trying to get hold of you for an hour. I tried ringing your phone and I tried mindlinking you but you had blocked me out! " he said enraged.

My eyes widened as I had not realised I blocked him out. I was to focused on the cake and suprising him I forgot how possesive and needy that dominant mates can be. I also forgot that they have to have some sort of contact or at least feel your emotions to calm there wolf so they know you are okay.

"I-im sorry baby. I forgot as I have been so busy. I didn't mean to block you out. Also I lied to you for a reason which you will find out now" I said smiling softly.

His eyes softened and he sighed pulling me to him and breathing in his scent.

"No more blocking me out and mo more lying. Now why did you lie baby, you never lie" he asked.

I smiled hugely at him.

"I won't and well look at your bed side table" I said pecking his lips.

Confused he walked over to the table and seen the cake. He read what was said on it but looked even more confused. I put my hand on my belly when all of a sudden his eyes widened in realisation.

"Wa-wait we are having a baby?" He asked more to himself then me.

However I answered anyways.

"We are" I said.

He smiled really big and ran up to me picking me up and twirling me around. I squealed and laughed. Happy tears coming to both our eyes.

"I love you both so much " he said.

"We love you to baby" I said softly packing his lips.

For the rest of the day we spoke a lot about our baby. We ate the cake together and spent the rest of the day in bed snuggled up to eachother. We talked about when we was younger and we talked about what life will be like when our baby is here.