chapter 5- mate

Harpers p.o.v.

I walked towards where my son is so relieved to know he won the fight but also scared to see what state he is in.

All of  a sudden this amazing smell came. It smelt if like rain and manly aftershave.

I followed the smell to someones back who looked similar but I couldn't place who it was. The man turned around and locked eyes with me.

My wolf screamed mate over and over in my head.

"MINE" We both growled at the same time.

"What how is this possible." I asked my wolf.

"He is our second chance" she said softly with excitement.

Next thing you know I'm running towards the infirmary where my son is needing to be around him. Needing to know he is okay before I focus on the fact I have a second chance mate.

I walked into the pack infirmary and seen damien, keaton and jayce surrounding damien.

I smiled softly and walked up to damien jissing his forehead.

"I am proud of you my baby boy" I said with tears in my eyes.

His eyes softened.

"Thank you mom. I love you. How are you holding up" he said softly.

"I love you too  sweetheart. I'm doing okay" I said softly. 

He could sense I had something on my mind but didnt say anything knowing I will talk about it when im ready. He probably thinks it's about alpha drake but it's not. It's more about beta max. I still can not believe he is my second chance mate. I mean I have always said I would have loved for him to have been my Nate I just never expected it to happen.

I spent about an hour with damien and then decided to go back to my room for a while. I got changed into short shorts and a small belly top pjs thing and then I plonked myself on my bed feeling drained when there was a knock at my door.

"Come in" I said softly.

However I did not expect to see beta max. My eyes widened in surprise and his eyes darkened at what I was wearing.

I squeaked but jumped off the bed and grabbed my dressing gown to cover myself up. I could see he was fighting his wolf for control.

"Hey are you okay" I asked softly.

Slowly he opened his eyes and nodded.

"Yes sorry. I kind of thought you would know it's me." He said softly.

"Yeah sorry about that I erm was lost in thought so didn't think to check who's scent it was." I laughed nervously.

He chuckled but then sighed.

"I know this is hard for you from what you have just been through but please dont reject me" he whispered the last part.