23.

Clark and I take a look around when two people disappear into a tent. "Come on," I say. We make our way over to the tent, and I walk inside. "Oh, my God," I mutter, looking around at all the different containers. The woman looks over at us.

"You guys must be the first year med students I've been waiting for," she says. Clark is quiet. "Don't flatline on me now."

"What gave us away," Clark asks.

"The queasy state that affiliates all newbies their first day on the job," she replies. "Do you mind?"

Clark picks up one of the containers and sets it on the table for her. "How many are there," I ask.

"A whole graveyard's worth," she sighs, opening the container and pulling out the bag. She sets it on the weight, and I cover my mouth.

"How does a body end up in one of those?"

"They have no skeletons. Although I don't know how that's anatomically possible," she admits.

"You mean someone cut their bones out," I ask.

"More like ripped them out. Clean filets, every one of them. I've seen some stuff that would make most people run for the hills, but this... this is seriously freaky."

"All these bodies they're from the ship?"

"These last two, they were dock workers. Whatever was on that ship is on dry land now."

I glance at the table to see a badge on it. I slide it into my hand, before nudging Clark. We both rush out of the tent.

~ ~ ~

"Hey, this area is off-limits."

"Um, we're with the coroner's office," I lie, showing him the badge.

"Better you than me. I heard the bodies are pretty messed up. Anyway, our theory is the perp was hiding out in this container and somehow busted out of this thing and started his killing spree. It's wild," he explains as we follow him over to the container. "We thought it was blood, but the guys were saying it's human bone marrow. It's fricking disgusting. Actually, there are a few more remains that need removal. The forensics team is over there waiting for you," he adds.

"Thanks," Clark nods.

"Sure."

~ ~ ~

As we're walking around the area, I notice a pair of bloody glasses on the ground. I lean down and pick them up. I gasp when I see a couple of dead bodies. "Help! Help," I hear someone shout. Clark disappears, and I jump up. "Clark," I shout.

I rush toward the area where I heard the voice, when I see Clark looking around. "What happened?"

"I saw him," he admits.

"And?"

"He's not a phantom... The crystal didn't work on him."

"Oh no..."