11.

*at the party*

From the corner of my eye, I see Lana and Lex, making me walk over to them. "Lana," I say making her look up. "Your billionaire drag you to this thing, too?"

"Oliver's here," Lex questions. I nod.

"You know, I don't get it. You put a bunch of pubescent boys in silly jackets and cram them full of pomp and circumstance. You're just asking for a round of "Lord of the Flies"," I comment.

"I don't know. We all turned out alright," Oliver pipes in, walking over to me. "Didn't we?" Two guys walk over to us, standing next to Oliver.

"Hey," the dark-haired one greets.

"I can only speak for myself. Geoffrey, Alden...," Lex nods.

"Lex.."

"How's business?"

"Not as good as you, but, hey," Alden replies.

"And you guys were all friends," I question.

"Something like that," Lex states.

"Man, after 10 years, gang's all here," Geoffrey says.

"Except for Duncan," Alden adds, taking a drink.

"Who's Duncan," Lana questions, glancing at Lex. Lex is silent.

"Know what? Maybe you ought to lay off, huh," Oliver suggests, taking his drink from him.

"What? Like you all weren't thinking about--"

"Alden," Oliver stops him.

"Alden, come on," Geoffrey sighs.

"Yeah, whatever. Good to see you, Lex. You did alright for yourself," he says, glancing at Lana. With that, he walks off.

I roll my eyes, sighing. "What was that all about," I question, quietly.

"Long story," Oliver admits.

"Right..."

I hear something crash into the ground, making me look over to see Alden staring down at a piece of concrete that fell from the building.

Oh my god, that concrete fell just inches away from him.

Geoffrey and Oliver rush over to him, and I make my way over to them. "You alright," Oliver asks.

"Just missed me," Alden sighs. "Must be my lucky day," he says, chuckling nervously, as he looks up.

I look up, as well, and as soon as I do, the sword impales him, shooting blood everywhere.

I gasp, looking down at him.

*that night*

"Seeing someone you laughed with shared so many good times together. Seeing him laid out on the table like that...," he sighs.

"At least they say he didn't suffer," I sigh.

"Yeah. But I'm guessing it didn't tickle, either," he points out. 

"Alden called me a month ago. He said he wanted go out for a drink, and I, uh... told him I was busy. Said I'd catch up with him later," Oliver sighs.

"You couldn't have known something like this was gonna happen. It's not your fault," I comfort, making him glance at me.

"All the more reason to live for today. Keep in touch with old friends," Geoffrey asks.

"Why don't you all get together while you're here," I suggest. "What about that Duncan guy? Does he live in Metropolis?"

"Not anymore," Oliver replies.

"I actually have to be getting back to Gotham, anyway. Got a great gal there, Ollie. Don't screw it up," Geoffrey says, before walking over to his driver.

His chauffeur opens his door for him, and he hops inside the car. Oliver waves at them, before we turn to walk away.

"Smart guy. You should listen to him," I joke, looking at him.

"I'm all ears."

Suddenly, there's an explosion behind us, sending us flying to the ground. I wince in pain, after smacking my head against the concrete. I slowly turn over to see the limo in flames.

Oh my god...

I wince at the pain in my head, pressing two fingers against the scratch to see blood on my fingers. "Are you okay," Oliver asks, examining my head.

"I'm fine," I nod.