Four

Lorenzo

  We've been living with the Marchetti's for a month now, everything has been going well, Gio has been very accommodating. He and my sister seem to get along. Whereas I can't stop the magnetic pull I feel towards him.

He took Amara to see his family the other day, and all I did was pace around til they came home. The house felt small when he was gone. Today I did decide to explore, I swear I will find a new room everyday.

I found Gios library. It's so cozy, and every book is amazing, his taste in literature is extraordinary. I'll definitely be hanging around there more.

I've met a few of his work staff, one being a twenty year old pool boy named Alessandro. He is very amusing, he said one of these days I'll laugh at him jokes.

I doubt it.

Making my way into the kitchen I see Amara peeling a tangerine in her bathing suit. "You going for a swim?" She has her mouth full so she just nods.

I reach into in bowl beside her and grab my own fruit. Hopping on the counter beside her, we sit and eat our fruit in silence. "How was Gios family?" I ask.

"They were nice. Just very loud." She widens her eyes and gives me a, very very loud Look. "That's what you wanted. A loud family, so don't make that face." I tease.

She flips me off but my attention has shifted.

Gio walks in and his eyes find mine instantly. "Well I'm going to swim now." Amara announces, hopping of the stool. She leaves out the patio door, I guess she is swimming outside today.

She normally chooses the indoor one but it's beautiful today so I don't blame her.

"Are the stools not comfortable enough capo?" Gio asks breaking me out of my thoughts.

"They are fine, I was just to lazy to walk over to them." I admit.

He reaches into the fridge and grabs a water. He walks over to the island in-front of me and jumps up on it. We are now facing each other sitting on opposite counter tops.

He motions to the tangerine in my hand and I toss it too him.

"My sisters want Amara to join them for a week in Florence, do you mind?" I study his big hands, it's so weird seeing such a tiny fruit between them.

"Are you joining them?" I ask out if curiosity, I don't want him to be gone for a week.

He pops a slice of the tangerine into his mouth and doesn't answer until he swallows.

"No, but I'm sending Raymond as security. It's just a girls trip." I nod my head. I'm happy she will have someone watching over her.

"Does Amara want to go?" She never mentioned anything about how the meeting with his sisters went, so I wondering if she would enjoy their company for a week.

"I haven't asked but she seems fond of my sisters, I'm sure she would like to join." She does need friends here so I'm happy she gets along with his family.

"Then I don't mind if she goes." I shrug.

"Good I'll ask her once she's done her swim. They leave tomorrow night hopefully the short notice doesn't make her not want to go."