Chapter 19

Chapter 19

It had been three weeks and Molly was still in a coma, everyone still visited daily to bring by fresh flowers or just tell her a story hoping it would improve her condition but nothing was working. Harry had made a routine of staying with the baby – who still wasn’t named – and the nights with Molly, he would occasionally go home for a shower and a proper meal.

“Harry?” a nurse Carla said coming into the room.

“Oh, do you want me to leave or something?” he asked.

“Oh no, no its just you need to name your daughter here otherwise the government will just give her a name and you will have no say in it.”

“They can do that?”

“Yeah, if your baby isn’t registered within a month of being born they can pick a name and register them.”

“We still have some more time don’t we?”

 “Yes, another week”

“Okay, thanks Carla”

“You want to hold her?”

“Yeah, outside of the box thing?” He asked his face lighting up.

“No, unfortunately she’s still not staying warm or breathing on her own, so we have to still keep her in the incubator at all time.”

“Oh” was all he said kind of disappointed but it was still rare the nurses and doctors even let him hold her inside the incubator. He slid one hand under her tiny head and the other supporting her legs and lower back.

“Hey there little one. You cant open your eyes and look at me yet but its me your daddy, and I love you very much,” he said in a soft voice gently rocking his daughter from side to side, “when you mummy wakes up we will pick out a name for you, and it will fit you perfectly and your mummy will love you just as much as I do, and when you are strong enough to breathe and keep warm on your own we will go home and be one happy little family.”

____________________________________ 

“I got to hold our little girl today, inside her box thing but still, I wish you could just wake up so you can meet her,” he told Molly that night, “but the nurse said we have to pick out name for her soon otherwise the government will pick a name for her. Molly if you can hear me squeeze my hand or open you eyes, just do something.” He rested his head on their interlocked fingers. He felt a slight squeeze and his head snapped up, then her eyes fluttered open, and then she spoke it was slurred but sounded something like “Kiara”

“Molly?”

“Harry” she said her eyes finally focusing on him.

“C-can someone get in here she’s awake!” he yelled down the corridor and about 6 people ran into the room with all different tools and instruments. They had pushed Harry out of the room while they tested her. He’d stepped outside of the hospital to ring everyone to tell them the great news. When he got back all of the doctors and nurses were gone and Molly was sitting up in the hospital bed with a smile on her face.

“What’s got you all smiles?”

“Well besides the fact that I woke up from a coma and I’m totally fine, they said I can meet our daughter.”

“Do you want see some pictures?” Molly nodded eagerly.

They looked at pictures for an hour arguing about what to name her, Harry was set on Darcey and Molly on Kiara.

“Haz, mate face it everyone agrees that Darcey does not fit her” Louis said walking into the room, “but Molly, I think Kiara is perfect”

“See I told you” Molly said poking her tongue out slightly.

“Its like she was never in coma,” Niall laughed as he walked into the room, “how’s it going cupcake?” he took her into the biggest hug possible.

“I’m alright, what about you Leppy?”

“I’m g