Chapter 5

Chapter 5

*3 Months Later*

“Jess will you sit still” Chloe nudged her.

“I’m sorry, I just want to get off this damn plane.”

“Okay we can get off now”

“Finally!” Jess unclipped her seatbelt clumsily and impatiently unlike the other passengers.

“Jess, calm down he’s still going to be there not matter how long it takes for us to get off the plane”

“You’re right but I’m getting off now” Chloe just rolled her eyes.

                The second Jess saw Louis she started running towards him, when she reached him she jumped up and wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist, she buried her face in the crook of his neck.

                “Hey”

“Hey,” Chloe replied looking up at Liam, “I didn’t think anyone else was going to come.”

“Jess rang me last night and told me I had to come”

“I don’t think she would have noticed if you weren’t here”

“Somehow I don’t think it was for her benefit”

“Then for who… Oh, I’m going to kill her” Chloe said realizing what Liam was getting at.

“Did you have to tell Liam to come to the airport?” Chloe asked sitting down on the couch, having just finished unpacking her bags.

“yes”

“Why?”

“Because you need him”

“I do not need a man to make me a better person”

“No, not just any guy, you need Liam, he’s your other half, have you seriously not felt like a little piece of you has been missing since you broke up?”

“Yeah I have but”

“My point exactly, you need him even as just a friend.”

“No I don’t, I’ve been doing just fine without him.”

“Look Chloe, this was just my observation but, the happiest I had seen you in a long time was those few days we spent in LA, and when we left it was like you guys had broken-up again, you weren’t eating properly and the only time I saw you with a genuine smile on your face was the days we went out and took him off your mind.”

“You’re wrong I don’t need him,” she said standing up, "now I’m going to try and sleep.”

“Okay but please just think about what I said.” Chloe ignored her and continued walking to her bedroom.

                Chloe had thought about what Jess had said until sleep finally took over her around 5:00am, and she knew Jess was right but she also couldn’t help thinking about the pain he had caused her all those months ago, how he had cheated on her. By 7:00 that night she still had no idea what she was going to do so she decided to go for a run and sort things through. She still hadn’t made a decision after she had finished her run, so she decided she was going to have a shower and not get out until she had made up her mind.

An hour and a half later she had finally made up her mind. After she had gotten dressed in some leggings, Vans, a singlet top and a cardigan she texted Liam asking him to meet her at a café that was roughly half way  between both their houses. Liam replied saying he would be about 10 minutes, so Chloe decided to walk as it would give her time to think about what she was actually going to say. When she got there she saw Liam already sitting at a table near the window. She went inside and ordered a hot chocolate then went and sat with Liam. He stood up as if to hug her but sat back down deciding it might not be a good idea.

“Hey,” she said sitting down, “sorry I’m late I decided to walk”

“No, you’re not late I was little bit early” Liam blushed a little.

“I should have known” Chloe giggled.

“So, what did you want to talk about?”

“Something Jess said last night, well this morning really but anyways I’ve been thinking about it all day and I’ve finally decided.”

“Woah, slow down  what have you decided on?”

“That I need you in my life”

She said quietly all her confidence seem to disappear when she spoke to Liam these days.

“So, you want to get back together?”

“Not right now but I would love to have my friend back. We were friends before we got together, so why cant we go back to that?” she said with a little more confidence.

“Of course we can go back to that,” he said taking her hand from across the table, “I guess this is the civilized talk we never managed to have in LA.”

“Yeah” she said happy that it had gone the way she planned.

------------------------------------------------

Hey guys

Please remember to vote and comment on 'We Saved Each Other' for the bonus chapter.

Please remember to fan and vote on this chapter

Justine xoxo