25

(Sorry for the grammatical errors 🙏)

Karishma was lying on her bed, lost in her thoughts. She heard her door bell ringing for a number of times. She got up slowly, and opened the door and saw Haseena’s   Ammi standing there.

“Ammi aap! Iss waqt ! Andar aaiye”

Karishma and Ammi sat on the sofa.

“ Sab thik to hain na, Ammi? Haseena ko kuch hua toh nhi hain?” KS asked in a worried tone.

“ Do you still love her?” Ammi asked looking straight into her eyes.

Karishma was dumbstruck,  she didn’t  expect this question from Ammi. She gave a warm smile and said

“I will love her still my last breath.”

“Then why? Why you have created a invisible wall between each other?”

“ Ammi, Haseena deserve someone better than me. She deserve someone who can protect her and love her  unconditionally. Hum nahi hain unke kabil,  hum unhein bacha nahi paye, aagar hum samay rahe thein unko waha se nikal pate, then she didn’t  have to face such a dreadful consequence.  Hum nahi hain unke kabil" Karishma said bowing her head low.

“ beta , humari taraf dekho"

Ammi cupped her face and said in a soft tone

“ jisme tumhari koi galati nahi hain, usske liye tum apne aapko kyu punish kar rahe ho? That was an horrible mishap, no one was responsible for that except AK. He got the punishment,  what he deserved. Humari ek request hain , please sort things out between each other. I can’t  see  you both suffering so much. Tumhe pata hain hum roz dekhte hain Haseena raat ko tumhari photo seene se lagakar soti hain. She needs you as much as you need her.

I strongly believe that love is the answer that can mend even the deepest unseen wounds. Love can heal, love can console, love can strengthen and yes, love can make a change.”

Karishma was starring at Ammi with teary eyes.

“Beta, pata hain too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word of love , a listening ear, an honest compliment, few words from your loved ones or just the silence between two soulmates, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Samaj rahi ho?”

Karishma nodded positively with teary eyes.

“ Tajurba keheta hain humara” Ammi said in a over dramatic tone. Karishma chuckled in between her tears.

“The beauty of life is while we cannot undo what is done, we can see it, understand it, learn from it and change so that every new moment is spent not in regret , guilt, fear or anger but in wisdom, understanding and love.”

Karishma placed a quick kiss on Ammi's cheek and ran outside, grabbing her bike key.  Ammi gave a satisfactory smile.

“ chalo, aab sab thik hoga.” Ammi thought to herself.

On the other side, Haseena was lying on her bed blankly starring at the ceiling. Her thought was disturbed by the ringing of the door bell.  She opend the door, and to her surprise there was no one. She closed the door and slowly returned back to her room.

“Kon tha? Itni raat ko?” she thought to herself. She was absent mindly walking into her room. When she felt someone back hugged her, and placed a soft kiss on her neck. She closed her eyes and mumbled “Karishma…”