13

(Sorry for the grammatical errors🙏)

“Yeah aap kya kehe rahi hain, Karishma madam?” Adrita’s mother said in a soft broken tone.

“Ji hum ekdam sahi kehe rahe hain. Aaplogo ko pata hain, Mayuri was going to commit suicide, because she thought it was the only option left. What made her think like that? It was your opinion that forced her to take such a serious step.”

Mayuri’s  father asked “Karishma madam jo bol rahi hain, woh kya sahi hain? Tum suicide attempt karne ja rahi thi"

Mayuri nodded positively in between her tears.

“Aur koi option chora hain , aap logo ne indono keliye.” Karishma continued...

“All they wanted was freedom of love.

Hatred got them butchered while their opinions shattered.

They just watched their end.

Missing the time they spent ,

But all that society did was to destroy.

Destroyed their dreams, their happiness, their love , in short destroyed their life.

Just for the reason, a girl loved a girl.”

Her voice was deep, captivating and euphonic. Everyone present there were just lost in her voice. She turned towards Haseena, they had a small eye locked. After breaking the eye lock, Karishma continued in the same tone..

“Love is too beautiful to be hidden in a closet. We don’t fall in love with the gender, we fall in love with the person. The one thing I know for sure is that Love has no gender, Conpassion has no religion, character has no race.”

“The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and bring peace to our minds. Your daughter’s have surely found their love in each other, which can be clearly seen in their eyes.” HM said in a soft tone looking at Adrita and Mayuri.

“But what about the problems,  they gonna face in future? Will still love remain the same after the problems?” Adrita’s father asked.

“Love isn’t when there are no fights in the relationship. Love is when once the fight ends, love is still there. No relationship  is perfect , ever. There are always some ways you have to bend, to compromise,  to give something up in order to gain something greater” KS turned towards Adrita and Mayuri and continued

“And I am sure, the love they have for each other is bigger than these small differences.  And that’s  the key. It’s like a big pie chart, and the love in a relationship has to be biggest piece . Love can make up for a lot. Trust me, your daughters are mature enough to handle their problems efficiently. So please, let them live their life freely and independently.  I repeat it’s perfectly normal to fall in love with the same gender,  just the fact is that someone has to bring a change in the outdated thoughts of the people. Your daughters can do it, so support them. Only thing they aspire for is your blessing...”

KS stopped speaking, she saw all were looking at her with teary eyes. There was a complete silence in the thana. HM cleared her throat to gain attention,  

Openness may not completely disarm prejudice, but it’s a good place to start. Every life is unique and we got no right to generalise them. You don’t fail as a parent when you own a bisexual child. Disowning them makes you fail as a parent. Aap samajh rahi hain , humari baat ko?” HM asked calmly.