19

(Sorry for the grammatical errors 🙏)

Haseena woke up first and saw her Karishma still sleeping.  She was looking adorable.  Haseena snuggle up, against her , chest to chest, her heartbeat slowly catching up to KS, as if their bodies reacted simultaneously  to her  warm touch. The light made Karishma’s face shine, very little beads of sweat glistening on her small forehead.

Haseena traced KS lips with her thumb, it was softer than the softest thing she could think of. She couldn’t think of anything better than to kiss them. She slowly kissed on her lips, and then closed her eyes for a second. When she opened them, she saw Karishma slowly opening her eyes, like a baby opening it’s eyes for the first time. A smile slides across Karishma’s  face looking at her love. Haseena grab her hand and interlocked them. Their lips met at the slightest and softest touch, then they parted.

“Good morning, Haseena" Karishma said softly. Haseena was so engulfed in her passion  for Karishma  that she even did not realize what she was saying. Haseena was lovingly starring at her, “I love you" she finally uttered innocently. Karishma smiled seeing her . There moment got disturbed when HM phone beeped flashing Santu's name. She picked up the call and kept in on the speaker.

“Ji , Santosh Sharma kahiye?”

“ Jai Hind, MS. Aap please thana ajaiye, ek naya case aya hain.”

“ji, hum abhi aate hain" saying this, she cut the call.

They both got ready and drove their way to thana.

In the thana

A middle aged women was sitting on the chair.

“Ji kahiye, hum apki kese madad kar sakte hain?”

“Madam humara naam Arpita hain. I am a working women, hum XYZ company may kaam karte hain. Humari shaadi huyi thi 5 saal phele. Humara husband bhi kaam karte hain aur hum bhi , issliye we used to get very less time with each other. The minimum time we got, we used to spend arguing over a small issue.

It was not that he didn’t love me. He never tried to hurt me any way or the other. We used to return home tired, and one small thing used to triggered us. Madam, I was just fed up with the arguments.

One day,  I thought to end all this chaos . So , I handed him the divorce paper. He also sign it, it was a mutual understanding between us.

The divorce doesn’t mean that we don’t love each other, but our marriage  was not working out simple.

 After our divorce, he moved to another city and we lost contact. But madam  over the time, I realised how much I loved him. Khete hain na… distance  teaches a person the real essence of their loved one’s. Hume unse door reheke pata chala, want he meant to me.  It was my fault, agar hum thora aur patience ke sath handle karte to asa nhi hota.”

“par aap kyu khudko blame kar rahi hain? He also gave you divorced, it was a mutual thing?” Santu asked

“ Yes maddam,  he signed on the divorce paper because he did not want to force anything on me . He respected my decision. Apko pata hain, jab bhi humare bich argument hote thein it was not only me, who used to cry in the bathroom. He also used to close the door and cry. Believe me, madam we tried our best , but it was not working.

But now I think No , it was not our best try. I want to give our relationship another chance. Now that I have realized my mistake, I want him back in my life. I know it took 4 years to realise it, but my love for him is true.” Arpita said.