21

( Sorry for the grammatical errors 🙏 )

MS why were you so late?” Santu asked, as they all sat on their chairs at the restaurant.

“ pheli baat toh yeah hain , abhi hum off duty  hain toh aap hume Di bula sakti hain.” Santosh nodded positively.  “ Dusri baat hum late hogaye kiu…kiuki…hain..hum  case se related kuch baat kar rahe thain.”

“ Konsa case MS ?” Puspha ji asked.

Haseena gave a look to Puspha ji and said calmly "abhi hum off duty hain Puspha ji!"

"Konsa case Haseena?" Puspha ji said with an awkard smile.

"Woh...woh..." Haseena fumbled "Karishma bataiyein gi...hum...hum toh sirf sign kar rahe thain...detail study toh Karishma ne kiya hain..hum sahi kehe rahe hein na KS ?" Haseena asked with a smirk.

Karishma was giving her a deadly glare.

"Bataiye na Di? Konsa case hain jo aap dono leave days mein bhi kaam kar rahe thein?" Santu asked looking at KS.

“ woh Santu...asal mein...woh case..." KS fumbled.

"Batabhi dijiye KS ? Konsa woh special or important case hain?" Haseena intervined, she had a naughty smile on her face.

Karishma scratched her eyebrows a little and said in a little serious tone..

"kuch secret unofficial cases hote hain, Puspha ji or Santu. Hum sabke saamne uska jikr nhi kar sakte. We have to keep it confidential..…sahi samay ane par hum aaplogo ko bata dege...samajh rahi hain humari baat ko?” Karishma tried to control the situation.

Everyone nodded in understanding . Then their dinner arrived , they were enjoying the food and talking over some random topics.

Karishma’s eye fell over a middle aged man , who was sitting at the second last sit of the restaurant.  He was having some juice  and a sandwich. He was blankly staring at the ceiling and he was mumbling something.  She felt something odd in his behaviour, he was abnormally fidgeting with his fingers, he was tearing the sandwich into every small pieces and eating it with a spoon like how we eat soup.

"Pagal hoga sayad, par..." Karishma thought to herself. But she decided to ignore her thoughts and concentrate on her food.

After they had completed the dinner, everyone decided to return to their respective room as it was already late.

Karishma pulled back Haseena by her wrist.

Haseena  raised her eyebrow asking “what?”. Karishma turned towards other and said “ Good night everyone,  hum aur Haseena thora walk karke aate hain. Aap sab rest karlijiye kalse ghoomne bhi toh jaana hain.” Everyone nodded and slowly went to theirs respective room.

KarEena were walking down the road. It was a calm night. They had interlocked their hands and KS was resting her head on HM shoulder. There was a perfect silence in the atmosphere,  they were enjoying each other presence.

The night sky was aglow with city lights. The crescent moon shove like a silvery claw in the night sky. They looked up at the blanket of stars that stretched to infinity.

Suddenly the colour of the sky changed into a mysterious shade. It was covered with thick cloud,  and it started raining heavily.

Haseena  rushed into the nearby shelter .

“Karishma aa..aap" she stopped in the middle as she saw Karishma was standing in the rain. She had opened her arms and closed her eyes to feel the rain.  She was totally drenched in rain. Haseena was just starring at her. She was looking breathtaking, bewitching enchanting and captivating.