24

( Sorry for grammatical errors 🙏)

In the hospital

“Dekhiye inki situation bohot critical hain, bohot blood loss ho chuka hain. We have to do the operation immediately. Hum koi guarantee nahi de sakte, but we will try our best.” Saying this, the doctor took her inside the OT.

Karishma watched the door of the OT closed slowly, and the red bulb was on. The place was dead silent. Puspha ji was sitting on the beach, she was trying hard to control her tears, but she failed miserably. She bursted out in tears. Santu was rubbing her hand, to console her. But she herself was crying hysterically. Billu was standing at the corner and crying silently.

Cheeta  gathered some courage and sat in front of Puspha ji, but his words broke up and all he could say were stuttering sounds. Hot tears streamed down his face and he squeezed his eyelids shut in the hope, that his tears would stop.

Santu’s eyes fell on Karishma, who was standing like a statue, starring at the OT closed door.

“Karishma maddam" Santu called her in a broken voice. Everyone turned and saw KS. Karishma turned her face towards Santu.

Her eyes were dull and empty, yet they told a story of extreme sadness as tears slowly fell down her face.  Her feet helplessly carried her outside the hospital. Her shoulders were slumped,  her steps were dragged. She came outside the hospital, and sat on the ground. Her breathing slowed and her heart barely wanting to breath. The moment stopped for her. She was blankly starring into the space. The longer she starred, the more doubts, guilt began to flow through her mind, powerful and effortlessly.  She was drowned in guilt, for not being able to save her love. The horrible incident  replayed over and over in her head.

What the use of serving as a police, if I can’t save my love? The Dabang KS, who's bhaukal is world famouse, failed miserably! If she would have reached on time, Haseena  didn’t have to face such a worst consequence. Do Haseena really deserve someone like her, who cannot even protect her love? Haseena's dreadful screams were echoing in her ear, making her condition more miserable. Hum kuch nhi kar payein! Such a useless person I am!  Haseena was suffering so much, and I was just starring at the phone helplessly! I failed, Haseena. I am sorry. Hum Haseena ko baccha kese nahi sake? When she needed me the most,  I was not there! How can I do that? Karishma’s  mind was flooded with such questioned. She started doubting her capabilities.

She felt physically and mentally deadened,  tired, frustrated, angry,  emotionally broken all at the same time. She was feeling an immense pain in her heart. The pain had overshadowed her thoughts  and feelings, it intensified more the worst emotions of guilt, sadness, anger and fear. She thought her worst nightmare of losing Haseena was coming true.

“ Nhi…nhi .. esa nhi , hosakhta . I can’t  afford to loose her.” She panicked, she was sweating profoundly. Her eyes were bloodshot and puffy. Her face had turned red.

She felt like that she was drowning in the ocean of guilt. She  didn’t even  realise that she had been crying for the last three hours siting on the ground.

She felt a hand on her shoulder, she slowly looked up  with her teary eyes and mumbled “Haseena..” , then she slowly  rubbed her eyes and saw Santu standing there.

“Jaldi chaliye maddam, Operation is over.”

Karishma quickly got up, but she fell on the ground with a thud. Her head began spinning very badly. She sat on the ground holding her head with her palm. She was breathing heavily.