"I'm not sure if you'll trust me or not," I fidgeted with my fingers, feeling uneasy.

"Niya, I will always trust you, therefore every word you speak is true to me," Blake reassured me as he rested his hand on my shoulder.

"OK," I muttered, shifting my attention between them. "When you told me not to attend the meeting, after you left, I was still standing there near the elevator when I saw Niel," I said, finally mustering the courage to speak up.

"You mean after you had that panic attack?" Cedric asked, and I nodded in confirmation.

"Yes, he didn't appear normal; his lip was busted, his face was swollen, and his throat had been slashed, and his shirt was drenched in blood. Exactly like the police officer's picture," I explained, feeling a chill run down my spine as I recalled his horrifying appearance.

"Hello, guys?" I cleared my throat, expecting them to say something.

But their sudden reaction caught me off guard. They both looked at each other and then quickly turned around and ran away as if they had seen a ghost. They fled as if their asses were on fire, as if I were a plague.

"Hey, wait up! Where are you going?" I called out, but they didn't respond.

I was left standing alone, confused and scared, wondering if what I had witnessed was real or just a figment of my imagination.

"I don't know why they don't trust me," I grumbled as I turned around and made my way to my office. It seemed like every move I made, every word I spoke, was being watched and questioned by my colleagues.

Suddenly, I felt a hand grab my own and I yelped, ready to defend myself. "Hey, hey, it's me," Blake said as he quickly grabbed my wrist. I let out a relieved sigh, feeling embarrassed at my initial reaction.

"Are you insane? Why would you scare me like that?" I scolded him, feeling my heart still racing in my chest.

"I apologize for forgetting about you for a moment. Now hurry up, Cedric is waiting." Blake pulled me along, his grip firm and confident, as if I were a child he was leading by the hand.

"Hurry up, Niya," Cedric shouted from the car, grabbing the nape of my neck and practically forcing me inside.

"Oyeee," I rubbed my nape, feeling like a prisoner being dragged against my will.

"What am I to you?" I asked through gritted teeth as Cedric started the car, Blake sliding into the passenger seat.

"I'm sorry," Blake apologized meekly, looking genuinely remorseful.

"Seriously? Blake, you treat me like a child and drag me around. Cedric treats me like I'm a dog," I complained, feeling frustrated and belittled.

"Be quiet, and you'll get treats like a good dog," Cedric smirked, his words dripping with condescension. I narrowed my eyes at him, feeling my anger building up inside.

"Fuck you," I huffed, crossing my arms and leaning back in my seat.

"Where are we going?" I asked, trying to distract myself from the tension building in the car.

"You'll find out soon," Cedric responded cryptically, and the rest of the trip was filled with an uncomfortable silence.

Finally, the car screeched to a stop, and I looked out the window, my eyes widening at the sight in front of me. "What are we doing here?" I asked, turning to Blake and Cedric, who were speaking with guards outside.