"Blake, I need to breathe," I gasped, trying to wriggle out of his grasp. "I didn't know you two performed the deeds," he wiggled his eyebrows, glancing between Cedric and me.

Cedric let out a deep sigh and muttered, "Goddess! I can't take this nonsense this early in the morning," as he pushed past us.

Feeling embarrassed, I quickly tried to explain myself, "It's not what you're thinking; I just meant it in a different way."

Finally, Blake rubbed his head in confusion and asked, "So you're not expecting?"

I shook my head, and we all laughed it off, relieved that the misunderstanding was cleared up. The warm sun continued to shine, and we made our way towards the office, our spirits high with the relief of a cleared-up confusion.

As I led Blake towards the elevator, I felt the weight of the upcoming workday bearing down on me. "Now stop talking, we have work to do," I said firmly, hooking my arm over his and leading us both to the elevator.

But as soon as we stepped out of the elevator, the atmosphere was charged with tension, and Cedric appeared concerned as he spoke with the police officers. My heart began to race, and I approached Rachel to inquire, "What's the problem?"

Her response made my blood run cold. "They discovered a body in an alley near our office," she explained, gesturing towards the police officer who handed us the photo of the victim.

As soon as I saw the photo, my breath caught in my throat, and my eyes struggled to stay focused. Niel's face was swollen, his lips shattered, his throat sliced, and his clothing soaked in his blood. It was a horrifying sight, and I felt my stomach churn.

As everyone around me stared in shock, I took a few steps back and fled the area, rushing inside the restroom to empty my stomach. How was this possible? I had seen Niel yesterday, and now he was dead. It was like a cruel déjà vu, but not in a good way.

Outside, I could hear the sound of thumping footsteps, and an authoritative voice called out, "Are you okay, Niya?"

Struggling to compose myself, I dried my tears and patted my cheeks with tissue paper before opening the door and smoothing my clothing.

"I'll be there," I replied, trying to steady my voice.

As soon as I stepped outside, Blake and Cedric were there, their expressions worried as they asked, "Are you okay? What's the matter?" Their concern was touching, but I was still reeling from the shock of seeing Niel's dead body.

cleared my throat and tried to shake off the uneasy feeling that had been lingering with me since I saw the photo.

"It's nothing," I said, forcing a smile as I looked at the two men standing in front of me.

Their faces twisted with concern, but I didn't want to burden them with my problems.

"You may tell me, Niya," Blake, always the empathetic one, gently prodded.

"It's nothing Blake, everything is good," I said with a smile.

"Tell me already, you know. Neither he nor I will let it go," Cedric, on the other hand, had a more direct approach.

"I said nothing, I just felt sick after seeing that photo," I shrugged, trying to downplay the situation.

"You know what? I don't believe you. So you should start speaking now, because you've been acting strangely lately, and now this. So simply say the truth," Cedric crossed his arms and tapped his feet impatiently.