Winter solstice (1)

Start from the beginning

The countess might have to carefully consider, before she makes a choice. 

  But him? Cale knew that those vassals wont dare to bother him. So him immediately throwing away the useless papers didn't faze him one bit.

And as fun as it was to throw away those useless papers. 

Unfortunately,

Cale still couldn't find the info he wanted. 

Cale took his eyes off the papers for a second and looked around. 

  Everyone was busy, well mostly; The countess was busy signing papers and reading the contracts that will soon needed to be signed too. Basen was going back and forth, occasionally stopping and tried to read and understand the contents of the paper. And...

Lily who was sleeping soundly in the couch.

Everyone was too focused on their own works, Cale swore that if an assassin were to come in and wreck havoc, they might not even notice it.

Cale brought his focus back to the stack and... 

Oh?

A golden paper with a signed insignia at the end, a very... Shiny one in fact.

Cale took the paper and slowly read the information, taking in every word; one by one. It seems like, his move could be done sooner than he had thought.

  The royal family insignia, and a heads up that the Crown prince will be the one attending the party this year with the King, instead of the Queen.

It was a surprise, but a pleasant one.

.

"Mother,"

He called Violan,

"Yes, Cale?" Violan didn't look up from the paper she was reading, but she had her ears open

"I think you should read this one first,"

  Cale stood up and went over towards the office Table that was placed at the center of the room, where Violan was at.

Violan reluctantly look up from the one she had been reading and took a look at the one Cale was holding and couldn't help but widened her eyes a bit when she saw the Insignia.

"The Royal family..."

"Yes," Cale gave the letter to her, "It seems like the Crown Prince will be attending this years Winter Solstice with His Highness"

"I see..."

"Should I do something to prepare for His Highness, Mother?"

"Hmm.." 

  Violan scanned the letter, another wave of headache wash pass by her at the added problem. She knew that there would be a chance the Royal family might come, but seeing that they haven't been attending the Winter Solstice that were help by the Northern Nobles for so long...

She thought they would also not come this year,

  "Cale..." She weakly called the eldest Son of the Henituse family, "You... don't have to if you don't want to, Cale. But if you could, can you please help entertain the crown prince when he is here? Maybe strike a conversation or two with him?"

Cale bit his lips, something that Violan caught and thought it was nervousness.

But honestly, it was contrary;

No one in that room except Cale himself had known, how wonderful that request had sounded to him at that time. How perfect of an excuse would that be to talk to the Crown prince?

"...Sorry if it had sounded selfish, I know you don't like to talk to strangers that much" Violan guiltily said, "You can decline--"

"Don't worry mother, I don't mind" 

  Cale tried reassuring her with a smile, he really didn't mind, It was the perfect excuse for him to use. But it somehow made Violan feel more guilty when she saw Cale smiled at her reassuringly. She probably shouldn't have mentioned it--

Of course a sweet child like Cale would agreed.

"Really," Cale chuckled, trying to lightened up the gloomy mood Violan had on her "I don't mind Mother," he reassured her again;

She now regretted bringing it up.

Violan sighed,

"...Let's all take a break, it's almost time for lunch--" 

Ding

Ding

Ding

  Violan finally noticed the dark sky outside the office window and the clock arms that were pointing at 6 O'clock.

"...Dinner,"

  It was already past noon, and well into the evening. She didn't noticed how long she had been sitting in the chair and signing those papers, but she damn well didn't think it would have been that long.

The dinner that night was both the most extravagant, yet the most simple They ever had. But none complained about the taste.

  It seemed like the whole county had heard how the family, Violan and Cale mainly, had been working hard since morning because of the pile of work, even going as far to skip lunch. Even in truth, they merely hadn't noticed the passing time, being so immersed with their work.

The staff's had decide to prepare a very nutritious meal that will boost their immune and energy so that they won't get sick.

  Beacrox especially, went all out and had hunted a wild boar himself in the woods for a fresh meat. Which, He and the first kitchen head chef, had work tirelessly to prepare with the limited time they had.

A/N; No more exams... Finally! Banzai! \\(^=ↀωↀ=^)//

This chapter may feel short, but ironically enough, it is one of the longest chap I've written... what is this sorcery?