Chapter Eleven: The Almost Evanished Avidity

Bắt đầu từ đầu

As If she hadn't spoken, Rogue walked over to her quickly, grabbing the chains on the ground and pulling her along.  Lucy cried out in throbbing pain, tears welling up in her eyes from despair.

"This is it, Light Being."  Rogue replied, his voice low as his eyes were hidden by shadows.  "Your friends didn't come for you; they don't care about you."  He pulled again, using incredible strength to drag her across the floor, despite her protests.  "Give up."

Lucy didn't know what to do; she couldn't break free from his grasp, and the searing pain rippling through her body took away whatever little energy she had left.  "I-I won't.."

Rogue smirked, vileness in his eyes.  "I hear the doubt in your voice.  You don't think they're coming."  He started to laugh.

As he was laughing, Lucy couldn't help it when the tears in her eyes spilled over, her bottom lip quivering slightly.  She cried out once more, trying again to pull away from him as he continued to pull her through the hall.  The tears flew into the air as she thrust backwards, trying her hardest to pull away from him that her wrists not only reopened, but cut further into her skin.

Rogue just ignored her struggles; plans in his eyes as he pulled her on and on.

Just end this!  Lucy mind proclaimed, giving up.  I can't take this anymore!  Natsu, everyone...  She bit her tongue to hold back a sob.

An explosion sounded through the room, and a person emerged from the debris, yelling a battle cry as he slammed into Rogue, pure fury on his face.

Fire exploded from his feet, flying upwards and around his body.  "Give Lucy back."  He growled, and his eyes were small and full of savagery.

"Natsu!"  Lucy exclaimed, relief and pure, pure joy teeming her body.  "Y-You're here!"

Natsu charged, lighting his fist on fire and slamming it into Rogue, sending him flying through the wall.

He dropped to the ground, looking Lucy over.  "I'm sorry I'm late, Lucy."  He stopped, seeing the injuries Lucy suffered.  The jagged lines along her abdomen and back, along with her wrists.  "L-Lucy...Your..."  He brushed his fingers lightly against her arms, his face straining extremely.

He stood, anger forming his posture into monstrous.  "You hurt Lucy!"  He snarled, watching Rogue get back up.  "You hurt her, you bastard!"

His hands lit on fire even more, making vines expand from his fists and back into the flame around his body.  He clenched his teeth visibly, grinding them together.

"I'd save your fire for the Equinox, boy."  Rogue spat.  "Give me back the Light Spirit, or you'll die."

Natsu growled.  "You won't be touching Lucy anymore; not while I'm around."

Lucy's vision began to get blurry, but it snapped back into focus as she heard rapid footsteps approaching.

"Lucy!"  Erza, Gray, and Wendy yelled.  Happy and Carla flew over their heads, yelling as well.

Wendy was just about to throw herself at Lucy, but stopped, seeing the terrible damage she was in.  "Lucy!  Are you alright?!  Let me heal you!"

Erza stopped, clenching her teeth and turning to Rogue.  "You-!"

Rogue's eyes flashed, and he glanced at Lucy.  "It's actually convenient your companions are here, Light Being."  Lucy felt her eyes widening, despite her injuries flaming across her skin.  "I have to get everything ready without your presence; you will just set everything off."  His eyes flashed.  "It may not be on the time of the Equinox, but I will come for you; I will destroy you."

Lucy felt extreme fear strike her heart, and her eyes shook fiercely as her eyes couldn't look away from Rogue's.

Natsu stepped in front of her protectively, blocking her gaze from landing on Rogue.  "Over my dead body."

Rogue's face angered.  "Be sure that will come about, Salamander.  Your little 'friend' will be mine to manipulate."

"You'll have to get through us first!"  Erza exclaimed, and Gray as well as Wendy stood, their faces determined.

Lucy's vision started to shimmer, and she finally felt the leftover warmth leave her body as she collapsed in a heap, breathing heavily with a fever.

"Lucy!"  Natsu as well as everyone else exclaimed.

Rogue smirked.  "Seems she needs medical attention."  He directed his attention back to Lucy.  "Remember my promise, Lucy.  Let fear fill you to the brim until I return."  He disappeared, leaving a slight mist behind in his presence.

"Get back here!"  Natsu exclaimed, outrage coating his voice.

"Natsu!"  Wendy yelled, and Natsu jerked his head back, widening his eyes as he saw Lucy.  "Natsu, Lucy won't wake up!"  Natsu ran over to her side, dropping to his knees as everyone gathered around Lucy.  

"She seems to be in a coma..."  Carla murmured, sadness in her voice.

"Lucy..."  Natsu murmured, his eyes covered in shadow as he clenched his teeth visibly.  He clenched his hands, anger pulsing through his body at his own stupidness.  "I'm so sorry!"

==============================================================================

Be on the lookout for the next chapter:  "Chapter Twelve: Unforgivable"! ♥♥