Friends Don't Kiss This Way

💙✨💖✨💙✨💖✨💙✨💖✨💙✨💖✨

💙✨💖✨💙✨💖✨💙✨💖✨💙✨💖✨

Mia

I looked at myself in the body-length mirror in our room and sighed. I wasn't much into dressing up completely, so I wore a plain white tank top with a short ruffled black skirt and my high-top black converse. I wasn't much into make-up because then I'd forget and rub my face or something, smearing it like crazy, so I wore only a bit of mascara, and that was it.

My hair was down to my mid-back, so I decided to leave it down. I finished my look with a small chain.

"Ready? Oh, you look so pretty, Mia. Look at you. God, you could go in sweatpants, and you'd still make heads turn. You are so pretty." Kaitlyn says, making me blush as I purse my lips and smile lightly. "Thanks, Kate. You look beautiful too." I say as I admire her impeccable skills in doing her makeup and dressing so nicely.

"Awe, thanks, Mia. Let's go. Bailey and Kenzie are downstairs, waiting already. My eyes lit up as I heard McKenzie's name. Besides Bailey and Kate, Kenzie was my only friend. I love and miss this girl. She returned a few years ago after living in Okinawa with her mom and dad. He was stationed out there serving in the Marines.

"Kenzie's going?" I asked excitedly, making Kate chuckle and nod her head. I grabbed my phone and took off downstairs, yelled her name out, and launched myself at her, making her take a step back as I hugged her tightly.

"KENZ!" she giggled as she hugged me back. "Hi, Mia. Oh my God, I missed you!" She says, tightening her hold on me.

"Ok, ok. You can keep hugging each other later. Come on; we should get going before the guys drink everything in their path." Kaitlyn adds, making us chuckle.

"Bye, guys. Have fun, and please, Stay safe. Kate, baby, I'm counting on you. Keep an eye on the girls. If anything, dad will be patrolling close to that area, so don't hesitate to give him a call. Ok?" Audrey says, making Kate roll her eyes and giggle. She leans forward, kissing Audrey on her cheek and cupping her face. "Mom, stop worrying. The girls will be fine. Besides, Kenz is going; anyone tries to do anything, Kenz will whoop their ass with her jiu-jitsu skills." She adds, making us chuckle.

Kenz was eight when she got into jiu-jitsu in Okinawa, and she has loved it ever since. She's won a shit load of trophies in their competitions, and from what I hear, she is one of the bests.

"Anyway, gotta go, mom. Bye, baby Shawn!" She coos to her baby brother, kissing him on his cheek as Audrey holds him tightly in her arms. Shawn is my sister's baby, he's not much older than a month, but he's already so active. I love him. He's the cutest.

"I hope you don't mind cramming up in the back. Nate will be driving us out there," Kenzie says, making my heart drop as we make our way to a big black SUV waiting up front. "Nope, not at all," Kate says, walking happily toward the car while Bailey and I look at each other wide-eyed. "Will you...be ok?" Bailey asks worriedly.