Chapter 22

Josie walked into her room and grabbed her hospital bag when she felt a bad contraction.

"Fuck" Josie groaned and held onto the wall.

"Honey let me help you," Alaric said trying to grab her bag.

"Leave me alone!" Josie growled.

"What's going on here-" Hayley said as she slowly walked into the apartment with Klaus.

"Josie's water broke!" Lizzie said panicking.

"How far apart are the contractions love?" Klaus asked taking the bag from her.

"I don't know every couple of minutes," Josie said.

Hayley and Klaus shared a look.

"We need to get you to the hospital right now," Hayley said taking Josie's hand and Lizzie taking the other.

When they all go into the van Josie felt her strongest contraction yet.

"DRIVE" Josie yelled and Klaus immediately started speeding down the road.

Josie's breathing started to become elevated as she felt a building pressure.

"Hayley" Josie started tapping Hayley's shoulder "something is wrong."

"Shit Klaus keep driving," Hayley said taking off her seat belt and climbing into the back with Josie.

"Is she okay??" Lizzie asked holding Josie's hand.

"Josie I'm going to need you to take off your pants."

"Wait what??" Josie asked.

"I think you're going to have to start pushing," Hayley said lifting the sleeves of her sweater.

"What! no, no Hope isn't here and we are in a car!" Josie said.

"These babies aren't going to wait, Josie," Hayley said.

Hayley looked at Lizzie "get Hope on face time so she can at least see this."

Josie pulled down her pants and Hayley's eyes widened.

"What??"

"I see a head."

"What did I just hear??" Hope said over the phone.

"So Josie may be having the twins in the back of your mom's van," Lizzie said flipping the camera to show Josie and Hayley.

"WHAT!" Hope yelled.

"Josie you have to give me a big push, okay this baby is almost already out."

"Oh god Hope look what you did to her" Lizzie pointed the camera at the baby's head.

"Shut up!" Josie yelled.

"Push for me, Josie," Hayley said and the brunette gave her a small push.

"I cant..." Josie leaned back.

"You're doing so good honey," Alaric said rubbing her back.

"Fuck off!" Josie yelled at Alaric who just looked at her offended.

"You got this Jo" Hope said over the line.

With that Josie gave one big push and soon the car was filled with the sound of a crying baby.

Hayley looked down at her grandson "it's a boy" she smiled.

"I have a boy!" Hope said over the phone.

Klaus handed one of his shirts to Hayley and she wrapped the baby up and handed him to Josie.

"Hello, my sweet boy" Josie smiled down at her son.

Lizzie brought the phone closer to the baby's face.

"He looks just-" Hope started but was cut off by Alaric.

"He looks just like me when I was a baby," Alaric said attempting to touch the baby only to be slapped by Josie.

"If someone doesn't get him out of this- ah!" Josie said.

"Looks like the next one is coming" Hayley looked down.

"I should've never had sex with you" Josie groaned.

"You weren't complaining-" Hope said.

"Now is not the time for that Josie give me a big long push and the baby will be out okay? then you'll be done."

Josie slowly nodded before Lizzie took the baby from her.

The brunette sat up on her elbows before taking a deep breath and giving a big push.

When she looked down Hayley was holding another baby.

"Congratulations it looks like you have two boys" Hayley smiled.

When they got to the hospital Josie was immediately taken to a room along with the twins.

"There you are" Hope smiled as she was wheeled into the room.

"Would you like to meet your children?" Josie asked as she held the two small babies in her arms.

Hope nodded and looked at them.

Josie slowly handed one of the babies to Hope.

"He's so beautiful" Hope whispered as she caressed her son's cheek.

"They still need names you know," Josie said looking up from the babies.

"Remember the ones we talked about?"

"Theo and Ellis Mikaelson?" Josie smiled.

Hope nodded "I still really like those."

"I do too."

-
Sorry if this felt rushed I wanted to get it out to everyone 😭