Chapter 11

When Josie woke up she felt someone tracing shapes and patterns on her bare shoulder.

When she looked over she saw it was Hope who gave her a soft smile when she noticed the brunette was awake.

"Good morning," Hope said.

"Good morning" Josie yawned and rubbed her eyes.

"What time is it?" Josie asked.

"It's about seven," Hope said standing up and grabbing her boxers before sliding them back on.

"Come lay back down in cold" Josie whined and grabbed Hope's hand and pulled her back into bed.

Hope laughed before she put her arm around Josie "well I thought since it's been a while since you have been to New Orleans that we just spend time in the french quarters today maybe do some shopping... try some food" she said looking down at the brunette.

"Hm... okay but five more minutes of cuddling," Josie said laying her head on Hope's chest.

Hope nodded and laid her head against Josie's.

She knows she should probably be weirded out by the cuddling and kissing but friends do that right?

As they both made their way downstairs they saw Hope's family all sitting scattered around on chairs drinking.

"Look who has finally decided to grace us with their presence" Klaus smiled.

"Sorry, we were tired..." Hope said.

"Oh I bet," Freya said.

Hope raised her eyebrow "what's that supposed to mean?"

"Hope... honey you do realize there are nine other people in this house and the walls are very thin..." Hayley said.

Hope suddenly put the pieces together and covered her face "oh my god."

"What?" Josie asks.

Hope removes her hands from her face before she whispers in Josie's ear.

Josie's mouth opens in shock and she immediately blushes she looks away from everyone "I'm sorry."

"No no, it's quite alright" Klaus cleared his throat "will you two be staying for breakfast?"

"We were going to spend some time in the french quarter today if that's okay?" Hope says.

"Of course it's okay but be back in a few hours I want to spend some time with you both before you leave," Hope's mom says.

"It must've been fun growing up here," Josie says as she looks at a man playing the saxophone on the corner of the street.

"Yeah it was so many fun memories amazing people," she says with a smile before she puts ten dollars into the guy's saxophone case.

"I wish our children could grow up here," she says.

"They can" Hope smiles.

"We have jobs and lives back in mystic falls... and Lizzie..." Josie says.

"Sounds like the only thing making you hold back is yourself... there will always be jobs down here and Lizzie she could always come to visit, you are an adult Josie don't let her affect your decisions because she's your twin." 

"And you'll just willingly come down here because I want to?" Josie raised an eyebrow.

"Of course, I would I have so much love for this city... and my family is here and maybe you will be here so yeah I'd come down here."

"I'll say a maybe to it... just have to think through some things."

"And that's okay take as much time as you need New Orleans will always be here."

Josie smiled before her attention was caught by a diner "can we eat? your children and I are starving."

"You never have to ask the answer is yes" Hope said before leading them in and sitting at a booth.

About five minutes later a waiter came over, taking Hope and Josie's orders.

Hope ordered a burger while Josie ordered a grilled cheese with a side of french fries and a strawberry shake.

They sat there talking for an hour laughing and telling Jokes before they decided to go out and shop a little.

When they walked into the mikaelson compound Hope was carrying about thirty bags... or at least to Hope what felt like thirty bags.

"Bought the whole french quarter?" Marcel teased as she saw Hope.

"This was all her" Hope said looking at Josie as she set the bags down.

"It's the shop's fault... they shouldn't have had all those enticing things," Josie said looking down.

"I'm only kidding," Marcel said rubbing her shoulder.

"Where is everyone?" Hope asked.

"Your mom is making dinner it's almost finished and everyone else is just in the dining room talking."

Hope nodded before she and Josie made their way into the dining room.

"Hey," Hope said as she and Josie sat down.

"There you two are! I wanted to talk to you both about something" Klaus said.

"Okay..." Hope asked confused.

"How would you feel about us giving you your mom's old apartment across the street you can live close and if you ever need help with the babies then we are here."

"Dad me and Josie aren't together."

"You aren't? hm you act so-"

"Act so? what?" Hope asked getting defensive.

"Protective, in love" Klaus finished.

"We don't..."

"Well, that doesn't matter you don't have to be together to live together."

"I don't think that would be a good idea Klaus... what if Hope starts dating or I start dating it just wouldn't be a good situation..." the brunette said.

"Hm... alright but my offer still stands if you ever change your mind," Klaus said as Hayley came out with her famous gumbo.

"Who's hungry?" 

"We don't act like a couple do we?" Josie said as she got into bed with Hope.

"I don't think so... we are just friends who show a lot of affection through physical touch" Hope said but she wasn't sure if she was trying to convince herself or the brunette.

"Right... platonic that's all this is" Josie said before laying her head on Hope's shoulder.

"Mhm... platonic" Hope says looking up at her wall.

As she looked up at the fading glow in the dark stars she put on the ceiling when she was eleven she thought about all the moments she spent with Josie.