XXXIV. Plans And Past

Start from the beginning

Tommy hesitated. He didn't know how he could tell Levin that he wanted to go visit the prisoner. Or maybe he didn't have to say anything to him.

"Tomorrow night at two. Be there and we'll have some privacy with the prisoner," he said. She nodded, not asking any questions.

-----

Tommy returned to the Phoenix Alliance Island as the sun was starting to rise. The sun rays were starting to blind him and the sky was painted with different shades of orange. Tommy hated it. The light made him feel weaker. He hissed and shielded his vision from the light that was burning his eyes.

There was a rustle of leaves and Tommy's sword clashed against a dagger. His eyes met the green ones and he backed away quickly.

"You attacked like a wild animal.." Vylad pointed out. Tommy looked away. He didn't have a good explanation for why he had done so.

"I thought you were an enemy," Tommy answered bluntly, stuffing his hands to his pockets. "But well, I'll head back to the village." He turned around, ignoring Vylad.

He really didn't want to deal with a Shadow Knight. He knew that Vylad was on their side, but the Shadow Souls were making him suspicious towards every Shadow Knight around. He was fine with them if there were others around, but he didn't want to go face-to-face with one when he was by himself.

Vylad watched after him, but didn't say anything. He could feel something off about his aura, but didn't know what it was.

-----

Tommy flopped onto his bed. His mind was filled with questions. Vylad had pointed out that he had attacked like an animal. It had raised an uncomfortable suspicion within him.

He pulled out his book and a quill. It had been a while since he had written for Tubbo, but now he was feeling like getting something off of his chest. Something he had never told anyone.

Dear Tubbo,

Have you ever heard the name Phoenix? The young fighter from 2b2t. You know what 2b2t is, you have mentioned it before. It's a cruel place, especially for a child. I know that, very well. I know you have said that you used to work there when you were younger. They don't ask for age when they offer illegal hack client related jobs. You worked with them, didn't you?

It always annoyed me when you spoke of the Arena. You didn't know a shit about it. You just watched the fights. They look amazing, I know. But they don't feel as amazing.

I have never admitted it to anyone, but now Tubbo, I'll admit it to you. I was a fighter on the Arena for eight years. From the age of seven until Smp Earth. Phil and Techno were always travelling, Wilbur was supposed to take care of me, but he was too busy hanging out in the nearby village that was five hours travel away. That's where he found Sally from, but didn't bring her home until I was 11. Until that I went to 2b2t almost everyday. After that it became harder to sneak out when Sally and Wilbur were alway home, but some nights they went out and so did I.

I went there originally to find something entertaining, but then I ended up becoming an entertainment. It was terrifying to know you could die any second. I grew used to it. Then Smp Earth started and I never went back to 2b2t.

I didn't want to speak of it. I was ashamed of falling so low. I know that 2b2t is seen as a problem with its anarchy and players' nature.

When I left it behind, I locked away everything I had learnt. I had to hold myself back around Techno a lot. His withers reminded me of 2b2t. I wanted to fight like I had once fought, but I didn't want to turn into that terrifying creature I had once been. And every time he spoke of anarchy, acting as if he knew about it, I wanted to show him what real anarchy was.

I've managed to hide it all for years, but I'm afraid that something here is about to snap my instincts free. Do you think I could turn into a monster?

Yours,
Tommy.

-----

Tommy shut the book. It was out of his chest now. He had written about it. He had admitted that he had snuck to 2b2t and gotten stuck in the arena.

Something in his new powers was starting to awaken his old ones. It was terrifying to think about it. He remembered how cold he had been. How he had taken lives with his own hands. They would forever be stained red with blood.

He closed his eyes and tried to push the thoughts away. Instead he tried to think of things he loved, like Clementine and Shroud, who were snuggled up in their own beds in the room next to his. The thought brought a smile to his face.

-----

It was finally time for Tommy to put his plan in action. He hid behind a house next to the old guard station, waiting for Alexis to come and replace Dante.

Then she finally came and Tommy perked up in his hiding spot. Alexis changed a few words with Dante before he left her alone in the guarding duty. Then Tommy emerged from the shadows.

"Hey, Alexis!" he greeted her. She jumped and turned around, shock turning to relieve as she recognised him.

"Tommy! What are you doing here?" She tipped her head, face painted with confusion.

"Levin actually asked me to come and guard the prisoner for tonight. Since you had a double shift last night," Tommy lied smoothly. The words dripped from his tongue like sweet honey.

"Oh? I didn't know that." Alexis looked surprised, but she seemed to believe it.

"Yeah, you should go rest. I'll keep an eye on the prisoner. You don't have to worry about it," Tommy continued his lie.

"Alright. Thank you," Alexis said with a smile on her lips. "Good night!" she said before rushing off.

Tommy turned to look into the shadows. The wolf appeared in front of him. In silence he opened the door and they both walked in. Tommy didn't know what to expect. He didn't know what she had planned, but he tried to trust her.

"Hey, wake up. We need information." She banged her fist against the bars of the cell, awakening the prisoner.

"And what makes you think I'll give it to you?" Sasha tipped her head. She had a cold look in her eyes.

"If you don't, I guess we'll have to start by taking those pretty eyes of yours out of your eye sockets." Tommy's mouth flew open when he heard what the wolf had just said. Apparently her plan was torture.

Words: 1754

(I saw 2b2t Tommy, I added 2b2t Tommy to the plot- How the hell does that work out with the back story I have already revealed before? I don't know, I don't remember what I have said before- :D I should actually read this book through-)