Chapter 14 - Wounded Hearts

Start from the beginning

The awkwardness grows and I can't bare it anymore. "What is it you want to talk about?" I ask, watching her slowly lift her head to look at me. I can see the dark circles under her eyes and I can tell she hasn't been sleeping. Which is no surprise at all, I'm sure she is seeing the same when looking at me.

"I don't want to fight or argue, I just want to know why!~" Her gaze locked on me.

"You cheat o-"

"I never cheated!" Interrupting her. She stiffens, eyes narrowing. "You break up with me and the same day you sleep with my best friend! What a fucking coincidence!" Her voice stern, accusing. "My entire presence within this house, our home hadn't even gone cold yet. My things, our things, the things hold memories that we created together, our fucking photo's were still hanging on the walls!" She's hurting and rightfully so, I hear it in her voice, I see it on her face. Her eyes glazing with the tears she is fighting to keep at bay. I take it all in, even though she said she doesn't want to fight, I accept her anger, I accept it all.

I drop my gaze slightly, submissive to her anger, her anger that I deserve. I want to speak, but I'm speechless. "Why Jungkook? Why?~" Her voice softer. I need to say something, I need to give her answers, that's the whole reason she is here. I'm fighting internally with how much I can be truly honest with her, without brutally destroying her. Except, I know that whatever I say is going to destroy her mentally, emotionally and physically.

I lift my gaze, locking once again with hers. "I'm in love with her Sana." I confess. Suddenly, the tears she was fighting back, now flow freely down her face. The words of my confession are most likely repeating over and over again in her head. I watch as her shoulders droop and her breathing becoming more and more rapid. "I'm sorry for the way you found out and I'm sorry for hurting you, I really am." Sana scoffs, she doesn't believe me.

I drop my gaze from her, knowing what I am about to say next is going to be hurt her even more than my confession. I ball my hands together clenching tightly. "As much as I am sorry for hurting you and the way you found out. I do not regret it!" I hear her breath getting caught in the back of her throat. "I love you Sana" "Fuck you!" She hisses, making me want to laugh, but I quickly suppress the urge.

"If you love me, why did we break up? and then sleep with Mina?!"

"I'm not lying when I say I love you, it's the truth. It's just, what I feel for you and what I feel for Mina are two different sorts of love. I don't know how to properly explain it or describe it. Our love was unique and unexpected. We were friends for years and then one day it occurred to me that being with you just made sense. We understood each other, from our work life to our private lives. You understood me in a way that, not even I knew. You saw me, you looked at me, for me. And I fell for you and I fell hard. You were the encouraging force that always kept me grounded." A weak smile caresses my lips, as I remember her kindness. "But, these last few months, feelings that I thought I had let die, came rushing back and I crumbled. The first time we had ever truly talked we were having dinner at Jimin and Mina's place, I got so wasted, I woke up with the worst hangover." I pause, realizing the significance. "That was the night I swore to bury the love I had for her. She was my most epic love, my forbidden love, and, she was my first love. I'm so sorry, Sana. I swear, when we made things official everything I felt for you was genuine, our time we shared together, all of it was real." I confess. "But I couldn't keep lying to myself, I couldn't keep lying to you, even though you had no idea. So I couldn't bear it anymore. I love her Sana. I'm in love with her." I watch as Sana soaks up everything I just said. Her tears are no more, all I see if pure and utter hatred. "I fucking hate you! you disgusting pig!" She spits.

"You are a lying piece of shit! You never loved me, I was just second best to your most EPIC LOVE! Are you fucking kidding me!" Eyes narrowing, "I was the love that loved you! I gave you everything and this is the shit you throw back at me!"