𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄

between the two of you wasn't new, but this time around, hit harder. it only felt so much worse because of the circumstances it came down to. the tension that lingered when you were around each other didn't go unnoticed by the others, but it went unsaid, which was completely okay. you had promised to give him the time and space that he needed, and because of that, you couldn't do anything but wait. it hurt your heart, but the healing is very much required for the both of you, especially him.

mina hadn't spoken a word since your conversation with her that night. you weren't expecting any other comments from her, but it felt different, not anticipating more of her torment anymore. no complaints, though.

time had passed. you eventually left the dorms and got back into your regular school and training schedule, but the insolation from what was really going on never seized to bring you back into the silence created between the two of you. no matter what you thought, your mind always led right back to where you wanted to avoid the most.

it was torture, to say the least.

another evening with shinso consisted of the two of you ranting out, you more so than him. this became a regular thing, and as much as you hated bombarding him with your personal issues, he constantly reminded you that he was your best friend and wanted to listen to what you had to say.

it was a relief to have someone you could lean on.

"all you could do is wait. you're patient, f/n. i know you can do it. besides, he can't make you wait forever." you nod at that, and not much was said about the subject afterward.

he was right.

about a week later, you and denki were in his room, you watching his gameplay and him playing the game himself when a knock interrupts the comfortable silence. you turn your head just as he pauses the game and shrugs. you get up to answer when you see him resume and the tuff of red hair you've grown all too familiar with peeks out before anything else, and your heart rises into your throat. you attempt to swallow it down when his all too normal guilty smile reaches your eyes.

"hey."

"hi."

"can we talk?" he tilts his head out into the hallway, and you look back at denki's thumbs up. you huff out a laugh, the tension seeping out of you little by little, and nod. you follow him back to his room, and once comfortable inside the lightly dimmed room; he attempts to clear his throat.

"not gonna lie, i didn't prepare for this." you giggle, and his bright smile comes into view. your heart stutters in its place, and the strain you felt when you first saw him evaporates. you no longer felt fragile, but you felt solid and stable.

"it's okay. you have my time." he nods, chewing on his bottom lip, and you wait,

"i'm sorry." he doesn't continue for a second, and you open your mouth to deny his apology, but he continues.

"i'm sorry for trying to give myself to you when i wasn't ready. i knew i wasn't ready, but i wanted to try because that's unfair to you, you know?" you nod.

"i think-- i think all i needed was closure . . and i got that. me and mina talked. there was nothing easy about it, but i can't remember the last time i've felt so anchored. and i'm ready, f/n." you let out the shakiest of breaths just as he let out a sigh of relief, almost like that sentence was pushing weight onto him.

"for what, ei?" he scoots his chair, sitting right in front of you.

"to give my all to you." you bite your lip, the smile erupting out of you almost coming out way too bright, and you cup his neck to give him one of the softest kisses you've ever delivered, similar to the kiss you had the first time around.

he returns it this time.

it's soft and warm and smooth, and you never want to pull away. his hands disconnect from his own body and come to terms with your own, his hands fitting perfectly around your waist. the softest noise evades out of the both of you, a shared breath of relief, and you don't think you could've ever been more content than you are now.

he, unfortunately, pulls away, and you whine at the lost contact, but he places a chaste kiss on your forehead, bringing your heads together. he lets out a shaky laugh, and you couldn't help but do the same, your thumbs creating a gentle motion on his neck.

"i've thought about this for way too long." you let out a soft giggle and press your lips back onto his for a good second.

"thank you for being so patient with me . ." his smile disappears, and instead, a soft blush rises on his face. you kiss both of his cheeks, resting your cheek against his so your mouth hovers directly over his ear.

"i don't think there would be anyone else i'd want to wait for, eijiro."

©KUROSH1MA

©KUROSH1MA