𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄.

he was avoiding you. any time you got even remotely close to him, he became a mess, rambling and running off like he always had somewhere to be. it was infuriating, but deep down you couldn't help but feel confusion laced with hurt.

was it me? did i push him away? what did i d-

"what are you thinking about?" a hand rests at the top of your head and you look up, the male with eye bags smiling down at you. you sigh, snuggling into his hand.

"a boy." shinso scoffs, sliding down the tree that you were leant up against.

"please, they're so overrated." you smile, punching his arm, causing a soft laugh to be heard. your head pressed up against the tree, the bright sky surrounding your view.

"tell me about it."

"we almost kissed and- and then we didn't and now he's avoiding me and i don't know what to do." you somehow let that all out in one breath, inhaling after it. he chuckles, wrapping a warm arm around you.

"sweet sweet n/n. you're so clueless." you groan, pushing another giggle out of him.

"just talk to him kid. there's nothing else i could tell you, unless you wanna ask denki." he pats your head, shifting upwards to stand, walking away with his hands snug in his pockets.

"okay. . .wait ask denki? what do you mean?-" by the time you looked up he was already too far, his purple puff vanishing through the crowd. you sigh, dropping your head against the tree, your eyes wandering off onto the sky.

"god, please give me a sign." you wait and wait, the only sign you received were sloppy kissing noises to your right and you groan, cussing under your breath.

"not the sign i was looking for god." you mumble, brushing off the stray grass on your skirt.

you knock on class 3a's dorm building, immediately being greeted with loud laughs and bright energy once the door was opened. bakugo addressed you with a hard stare on the other side and you give an awkward smile, the bag in your hand crinkling with the tight pressure of your fist.

"what do you want." he gave you a look, his eyes falling down your body, then back up to your eyes.

"i'm uh- here for denki. i brought snacks..?" you held up the treats and he made a noise, 'tch', then slide out the way, allowing you to walk in. everyone somehow acknowledged you like it was normal for you to come in this late at night, but you warmly wave back, introducing yourself to anyone who was unfamiliar with your face.