𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 {3}

"𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐘 𝐒𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐄

"𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐘 𝐒𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐄."

his hands glide down to your waist, securing any unnecessary movement. you take in a shaky breath, nodding in understanding. he backs up, allowing the both of you to loosen up, preparing for the next session.

he seemed to be more aggressive tonight. his movements were harsh, faster than usual. it wasn't something you couldn't handle, but it caught you off guard at first, especially since he always went easy on you.

     "so, y/n. she's...interesting." mina giggles.

     "interesting?" his head faces her, seeing the smuggest grin. his eyebrows were slightly furrowed. her head turns towards his, a little too close for comfort.

     "oh! nothing nothing..." her voice had lowered down to a mumble and he hesitantly nods, looking back towards his front.

scowling at the thought, he charges at you without any second to spare and you square up, locking in place. your flame charges in a millisecond, creating a thick shield that was engulfed by fire. he stops, avoiding any critical burn he would for sure endure if he made any contact with your shield, hence the harsh burn marks that had scattered on his forearms.

"good, exactly like that. again?" you nod, adding a few feet from the two of you.

instead of squaring up, you charge to him. your right hand loads up, but what he can't see was the axe forming behind your back. it was bigger than what you're use to, causing your energy to drain quicker. with the remaining power you had, you turn your body, your right hand grabbing the axe for support and swinging. you pause, the axe stopping right at the curve of his neck. his breath hitched, his hardened body completely frozen.

your creation dissolves into nothing but smoke and debris, the smallest smirk making its way to your face, but it's quickly wiped off when kirishima's face stood dull, his tense stance limps over and you furrow your eyebrows, following his movements as he sat on the streaked concrete.

"are you— okay?" thats all it took for him to sigh, a confused expression covering his face.

"i'm actually not sure. i'm not— upset, but i'm definitely not okay...you know? sorry i didn't mean to interrupt our training—" you flick a small flame at his forehead and he winces, rubbing the sore spot.

"don't be sorry. i asked for a reason. you can talk to me if it's needed. we may not be the closest, but i think we've came pretty far these past few weeks." you slump against the nearest light pole, his drained body following yours.

"well, uh, there's someone i'm...friends— with? and i have this other friend i'm super close with, and i feel like i'm starting to catch feelings for the other girl, but i feel like my closer friend doesn't have a good feeling about her- and i'm really not sure what i should do..." he finishes his rant with his eyes trained on his hands, a puzzled face present.

you couldn't help a small stab on the left side of your chest, leaving a lingering feeling.

"well uh— i don't see why you would pick a girl who would do anything bad. i think you should follow your heart."

"you think so?"

"i know so. do whatever feels right. she would be stupid if she rejected you." your flustered state was definitely noticed by him, but he disregards it, leaning on your slumped shoulder. a shiver courses through your body, the touch instantly recovering your empty gaps.

you lean your head on his, the warm touch instantly pushing a smile to your face. you couldn't seem to figure out why a simple touch made your heart jump, or why his voice always seemed to pull you in.

then, it all hit you, faster than you thought. it wasn't just a coincidence that your heart burned hearing him confess his desire for someone else, or why your body jumped with joy when his head meets your exposed shoulder.

it was him.

it was always him.

©KUROSH1MA