Reach For The Stars

Start from the beginning

Anakin just stood there listening. The song slowed and held out a chord in conclusion. Anakin leaned against the door and smiled to himself. His arm hit the doorknob and the door suddenly flung open, dumping Anakin inside.

All heads turned to watch Anakin stagger to regain his balance. He stared back at the group of children standing on risers and the woman in the front holding a director's baton. Anakin awkwardly let out an "uhh," and then started clapping.

"Thank you," the woman nodded, speaking in an accent. "Do we have the pleasure of being eves dropped on by Anakin Skywalker or Ben Kenobi?"

"Uh, I'm Anakin," he grinned sheepishly. "How'd you know it was me or my brother?"

"We were informed of our visitors," the woman crossed her arms. "I am Sister Shaak Ti–"

"You said that wrong," a little girl in the front row pointed a stubby finger at Anakin. Light spots splattered her tan skin.

"Um, sorry?" Anakin raised his brow.

"You said 'me and my brother' but it's supposed to be 'my brother and me,'" the girl said matter-of-factly.

"What? Why does that even matter?" Anakin snapped.

"It's called 'glummer,'" the little girl glared at him.

"Grammar," Shaak corrected her.

"Grammar," the girl repeated.

"Well you can't even say grammar," Anakin challenged.

"That's not grammar it's pro-nun-see-a-show," the girl sounded out the word very carefully.

"Pronunciation," Shaak chuckled.

"Yeah, that," the girl glared up at Anakin intensely.

"Pfft," Anakin laughed and rolled his eyes. "How old are you anyway, five?"

"Seven," the girl growled.

"Now, now," Shaak intervened, though she sounded quite amused with the conversation. "Miss Tano, we've talked about this."

"Hah, that's right, don't get snippy with me," Anakin taunted in her face.

Shaak rolled her eyes at how childish Anakin acted.

"Why you little–"

"That's quite enough, Miss Tano," Shaak scolded. "And you, too, Skywalker,"

"Well," Anakin hid his embarrassment of fighting with a five-year-old or whatever, "your choir sounded nice."

"Thank you," Shaak nodded. "This is our signature song. We wrote it in this room after we created our choir and gave it the name."

"Who was the soloist?" Anakin asked.

"I was, doofus," the girl, Miss Tano, waved an irritated hand at Anakin.

Anakin was about to snap back when the door opened and in came none other than Ben.

"Anakin," Ben glared at his brother. "Where did you run off to? We need to go, and you need to help me prepare the new room. We're picking up our foster child next week."

"Ugh, whatever," Anakin groaned, shuffling to the door.

"Oh," Ben smiled when Anakin moved to reveal the child behind him.

"Hi, Mister Kenobi," Miss Tano smiled like an angel.

Anakin rolled his eyes.

"Well, Anakin, I see you've met our new foster child," Ben glanced at Anakin.

"What?!" Anakin sputtered. "Her? Snippy?"

"Ahsoka Tano," Ben corrected. "We're picking her up next week. Now we have to go."

Ben dragged Anakin out of the room, through the hallways, and outside. He tossed a charming goodbye to Satine before stuffing Anakin in the car and starting it up.

"Alright, I'm ready," Ben sighed. "Bring it on."

"Ready for what?" Anakin raised his brow.

"Ready for you to start complaining about fostering and our new foster child," Ben replied. "You always complain, and I'm ready for it now."

"You know what?" Anakin smirked. "Maybe having Ahsoka as a foster child won't be so bad."

--------------------

Word Count: 1,320

Published: Jun. 1, 2022

Yeah, I really don't know what this is but it was pretty fun to write and I don't hate it. 

Oh! I wanted to thank you all for 4.1K reads! Eeeek! THANKS!!! But I'm almost afraid to offer a special story in celebration. I get no feedback on that kinda stuff. 

But if you want one, let me know. I'm totally okay with doing one or not doing one. It's up to you readers. 

Requests are open, feel free to message me or make a comment if you have any ideas!

Thanks for all the reads, bye peoples!