CHAPTER 28: Rin Accepts Rejection

PRESENT__________________________________________________________

Rin stared at the beautiful pink girl, who was around her age. Her sensei talked to her, Kakashi barely spoke to her but just glances at her. Lastly, Obito ran off somewhere leaving her alone, like some oddball in the group.

From the information she gathered, pinkies name was Sakura.

She had silky, long, straight hair. Her only flaw would be her big forehead, but men don't care about that. They only care about the female's attitude, personality, and talent, and if they have a goal or drive in life they would naturally be attracted or interested in her.

Village men don't want their wives to be caretakers but someone who will be there to help and support them through tough times.

Of course, they don't mind having a wife who stays at home to cook for the family, and focus on the kid and husband, but if the wife worked or did something for herself that would be nice too. Especially shinobi's.

They want wives who are strong enough to protect their children when their husbands are out on missions. From Rin's observations, those types of men are like Kakashi and Minato.

Rin's opinion of Sakura is, that she isn't capable of defending Kakashi or her future family with him. She looks emotionally weak and incapable of putting herself together to comfort Kakashi when he's having a hard time.

Her chakra is lower than a normal civilian, which means she isn't healthy and won't live very long, or she was just born with a useless chakra reserve.

Although it could help her with learning chakra control she won't be able to increase or enlarge her chakra reserve to jonin level. At most, she would be in chunin and that's it. However, even Rin had to admit, despite the low levels of chakra Sakura showcased, her presence felt strong, very strong.

Although Rin would never outwardly say it, the aura this girl holds felt similar to that of the Hokage.

Perhaps, this didn't have anything to do with her abilities, but Rin probably felt threatened by her sudden appearance. She sighed, the girl then looked at her with kindness, Rin couldn't help but feel jealous, and angry.

Rin looked this way with Kakashi as well, yet she wasn't able to win his heart, but she did on the first meeting? All her efforts, just to win his heart, was it all a waste?

She didn't want to believe it but...the way he looked at her. 'He's whipped, but it doesn't look like he knows why he's the way he is...Why didn't you reject me before? Is it because I never made it clear to you? I never confessed to you, so that's why you're so dense towards my feelings?'

She knew how sensitive Kakashi was towards emotions, so she thought she didn't need to say it out loud because he already knew.

She knows this because she observed the way he acted when he sensed someone (child or orphan) was sad, others didn't notice but he did. What he does is, go up to the person, wrap a bandage around their arms, and stay by their side.

He then said some nice, comforting words to the person and they would smile, before running or walking off.

She knew Kakashi must have known of her feelings towards him, so why didn't he reject her before? It would have hurt but not as painful as seeing him have affectionate eyes towards another girl.

Rin looked down at her feet and her hands then looked at the lively group. They were completely fixated on that girl Sakura. 'What's so special about her?' she thought with hostility. Then she thought about the flower shop incident, which made her feel even more stupid.

The flower he deliberately bought for her, despite remembering the flower language the week before, was his rejection of her feelings. During that time, she was too much of an airhead to notice it.

He probably didn't want to break her heart so he gave her a flower that meant, 'Move on, I'm not interested in you.' tears flowed down from her eyes, and she looks down and excuses herself.

Kakashi sighed and knew that even after understanding or knowing of the rejection, moving on isn't as easy as flipping a table. Obito saw this and ran after her.

The more she thought about it, the more she remembered another meaning to it.

'Someone else is waiting for you.'

'Who could it be?' she thought, and as soon as she thought about the possibilities, she heard the voice of her best friend, Obito calling out to her. He sits by her and asks if she's okay. Rin couldn't say anything, tears just roll down her cheeks. Obito tries to comfort her in some way, but couldn't. He just wanted to beat Kakashi for making her cry.

"Damn you Baka-Kashi! I'm going to beat you up after this!" she looks at him in surprise. 'Obito. Why are you here? Is it because I cried? Obito...I-I don't understand.' Obito decided to take her out to some street food stall and the both of them just talked together. Obito thought it was kind of nice, to comfort her, and take her out, kind of like a date.

After dropping her off at her house, they said their goodbye's and Obito left with a big smile on his face.