CHAPTER 24: Cherry Blossoms

After beating up Obito, he realized that Obito didn't know about it, but he didn't feel sorry about what he did. Instead, he feels even angrier. He didn't show it outwardly, in his aura or anything. He just looks as nonchalant as ever, but anyone could feel it like an instinct that he was in a bad mood, and approaching him now would be a death sentence.

He absentmindedly, occasionally, looked behind him, in front of him, in the corners, the alleys, the rooftops, for any suspicious person, but he didn't.

Sakumo laughed, his son couldn't find him, at all. This continued for another hour before, Kakashi decided to slouch and read the drafts. Sakumo looked at him with disappointment.

He knew his son was mentally an adult, but he was a 12-year-old right now. This wasn't allowed. In the eyes of most, he looked like a talented degenerate. Even Minato agrees. Especially Kushina, she was furious every time he picked up that book and secretly read it in the corners of her house. Since he felt bored all the time.

Sakumo just sighs at his son's hobby. However, as he began to survey his son, he saw a shadow of something, lurking in the corners. It wasn't following Sakumo, but his son. His eyes narrowed at it.

The chakra of this person wasn't normal. It didn't even feel like chakra, but something else. Something dark, dangerous, and its hands are dirtied, far more than an average shinobi.

Sakumo hid his chakra signature, and his body flickered near the person's location. The person couldn't be properly seen but he could see that he had white and light brown highlights and light blonde hair.

The person then looked behind him and they saw eye to eye. Sakumo's eyes widened but narrowed again. 'This person has been following my son. I could have passed him or her off as an admirer of his, but he lurks in the dark. Quietly and carefully. I couldn't even spot him until now.'

The person's feet began to glow with strange signs and symbols around them. He or she disappeared. He looked all over Konoha and even went as far as heading to the borders but the person was nowhere to be found. He grits his teeth and trudged away. Whoever it was, they better hope he doesn't find them.

At the same time, Kakashi was calmly sitting on a bench, reading the book in absolute silence and tranquility. He was sitting in the much calmer, more beautiful parts of Konoha. He sat below a cherry blossom tree that felt oddly somber.

He couldn't explain it, but looking at it brought a sense of sadness and nostalgia to him. It was both pleasant and painful. It was weird, but after some time he decided to leave it alone and make the best of this quietness.

Time passed and the sun began to go down, he was about to go back home until he sat back down. The pink hair girl he saw yesterday came to sit on this bench.

He didn't know why he felt the way he did for this girl, he didn't even know what emotion he was feeling, but one thing is for sure. He felt relieved, comfortable, and happy when she came. All waves of anger, worries, and negative emotions left.

He continued to read the drafts, luckily there was no cover, just stapled paper that could be rolled in and disguised itself like a scroll. He glanced at the corner and saw that she too was reading a book. A book that looked like it was about romance.

He smiled and continued to read. The silence wasn't uncomfortable as most would assume since two of the opposite sex are sitting alone on a bench together, but they were strangers so it didn't matter.

Until she decided to speak. 'Perhaps it was uncomfortable for her.' he thought.

"Hi," she said with a very calm, soothing voice. It was music to his ears. Again, he didn't know why he felt this way.

"Un," he replied.

"A man of few words huh."

"I suppose so." they didn't speak again. The silence felt uncomfortable now.

"Sorry," she said. "I made things awkward."

"That's fine," Kakashi said.

"Well, I think I should head back then," she said as she calmly stood up to leave, but Kakashi felt that it would be stupid of him to not ask for her name, so he stopped her from leaving by asking her what her name was, with hesitance. Something he never experienced before, till he met her.

"Oh, it's Sakura," she said with a big warm smile, Kakashi swears he felt his heart skip a beat, but that was impossible.

"You?" she asked with innocent, curious eyes. It flabbergasted him, but he collected himself and told her his name with confidence.

"Kakashi."

"It's nice to meet you, Kakashi."

"The same to me, Sakura."

She then walked away from him without looking back. He continued to watch her back till she was nowhere to be seen. He smiled and felt a bit giddy inside. He then sun-shined and went back home.

His father saw everything, the pink-haired girl is his past lover. However, he seemed a bit exhausted as if he was running around all of Konoha thousands of times.

Anyways, he calmed himself down, narrowed his eyes, and sent a letter to Minato, Kushina, and the Three Legendary Sannin's.

After they received the letter they nodded and would give her a slow approach when meeting her, and protect her at the same time.

Sakumo then heads home, to find his son training on his swords, his physique, increasing his chakra reserve and control over it. He smiled fondly at it, before heading to his room.

He already knows that his son broke the rules again, but decided not to scold him for it. He met the love of his life today, so he'll let it slide.