CHAPTER 9: Untold Tales

*Creak

The door opened. Kurama was far away from the door but in reality, he was still sitting near it the whole time. The wars and the breakdowns were all fake. All in his mind. But the place was real. Hell is real.

In the mindscape of Kurama, he stared at the door, without any light in his pupils. Expect it to be one of the stupid wars and battles Madara puts him through. But, as he stared at it a bit longer a small sparkle showed in his eyes. It looked like hope. An emotion that was believed to have disappeared ages ago.

A figure of a person stood at the door. Kurama's hopes skydived. It fell apart.

'Another opponent to fight. Another battle. Another war. When will it end? Did this happen to me because I destroyed Konoha? If that's true then no matter how many times I apologized for that day, I still killed hundreds of people. I also killed Naruto's parents....now that I think about it. What did he look like? What did he sound like? What was his personality like? Did he ever smile? If he did, what was it like? I have forgotten all about it.'

The figure walked towards him, and the more steps he took, the surrounding around him began to disappear. Strangely enough, Kurama thought he saw his body lying around beside the door, but he pushed that thought away since he stood over here.

The person got closer and he noticed it was a man. A man wearing a very eloquent Hanyu. As Kurama observed him, the man began to smile at him. A sly and unreadable smile. Smiles like these are dangerous.

Even so, the man before him looked eerily familiar. "Have we met?" Kurama monotonously asked. It was a little too straightforward for him, but he didn't care.

This man didn't show any killing intent nor showed any intention of harming him. But that didn't mean he trusted him.

No. After he escapes, he will thank him and then make a run for the hills. He isn't going to be anyone's slave. Nope! He won't. If he did have the intention of taking him in as his weapon, then he's going to kill him with the use of his 3,000 years of experience.

Kurama was in a defense position, ready to strike him if he said or tried anything funny. The man just stood there and when Kurama blinked he was gone and the place he has been trapped in for centuries was just a small concrete box? Kurama laughed.

He laughed so hard, he didn't know what to think about this. This was the biggest joke he ever received. He wanted to just kill everyone. Kill God if possible...but God wasn't real. If he was, put him in such a miserable predicament or created him to be the perfect war trophy.

He wanted to cry, but no tears came out as he was already broken. His emotions have already been suppressed. His chakra was stolen...His freedom was nothing more than a dream. It was taken from him.

His life was controlled by someone else. Just when he thought he could finally escape, he was always just a wounded animal cornered and hunted down by mindless predators.

The man before him was to be his new master whether he liked it or not.

"So...are going to make me your slave or what?" he asked with venom.

"No. I have no intention to. Your current situation now is a bit of a mistake on my part. Sorry." he said with a cheerfulness that was so pretentious and fake. It angered Kurama but he couldn't do anything.

"Kurama... although your suffering was my mistake, the practice you got through suffering was achieved. You got stronger and became stronger than Madara could ever dream of being," he said as he tried to soothe him. Kurama just scoffed.

"Naruto is probably going through the same thing except it was probably not suffering. Training through the memories of his past self." The man said. This piqued Kurama's lost interest a bit. The man seemed to have noticed.